Need to use Windows 95 Compatibility mode

mikep56

Hi All,

I have a great older game called Tritryst. It is similar to Tetris, but it is different. I want to install this silently, but upon clicking on the setup.exe file, a message box pops up telling me that it will not run in win32s mode. So I needed to right click on the setup.exe file and go to properties, and select Windows 95 Compatibility mode. Then the program installs and runs fine.

How do I go about doing this? I tried creating a target directory and copying all of the setup files to the target directory, but then I couldn't figure out how to automate navigating to a folder and right clicking on a file.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

Hi All,

I have a great older game called Tritryst. It is similar to Tetris, but it is different. I want to install this silently, but upon clicking on the setup.exe file, a message box pops up telling me that it will not run in win32s mode. So I needed to right click on the setup.exe file and go to properties, and select Windows 95 Compatibility mode. Then the program installs and runs fine.

How do I go about doing this? I tried creating a target directory and copying all of the setup files to the target directory, but then I couldn't figure out how to automate navigating to a folder and right clicking on a file.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

Do you know it works by doing what you are suggesting and just need help with the code?

Whenever I run older games that have compatibility issues I just use DOSBox, goto: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

I don't understand why you would use scripting to install it and try to run it when the possible issue is that it is not compatible due to the file allocation table, or file system. What OS are you running and what file system is the application? Maybe I don't get what you are asking.