Help with external ListBox...

Gar

I've searched this forum, and tried out functions. I am trying to extract a list of numbers from a ListBox in another program. From what I've tried, I'm inclined to believe that GUI functions will *not* work. No GUI functions I have tried have been able to interact with it at all. ControlCommand works in certain ways, but for some frustrating reason there's no simple 'Get the text in occurence #' command (why is this missing?!) or even better would be a function that returns an array consisting of all the items in the ListBox.

Can anyone offer help?

I've searched this forum, and tried out functions. I am trying to extract a list of numbers from a ListBox in another program. From what I've tried, I'm inclined to believe that GUI functions will *not* work. No GUI functions I have tried have been able to interact with it at all. ControlCommand works in certain ways, but for some frustrating reason there's no simple 'Get the text in occurence #' command (why is this missing?!) or even better would be a function that returns an array consisting of all the items in the ListBox.

Can anyone offer help?

You might consider being a little more specific. What external listbox ? Use AutoIt Window Info tool to show us the control information and maybe we can help more.

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out. Typical, after a month of wrestling with this problem, I figure it out 5 minutes after I post about it. For anyone wondering (since this seems to be a common problem):

You must first use non-gui functions to get the handle... i.e.

ControlGetHandle("Name","text", ListBox's ID)

then use it in the _GUICtrlListXXXXXX functions. It should work fine.

Edited by Gar