Variables within arrays?

strate

What I want to do is make it so I can read all of the first Select Case statements into the program before it really starts running (in the main loop).

This way the program will run faster. The problem is the variable $INI is the same for each INIREAD so I only receive the last read. I want to use the code in the second half one time instead of repeating it 29 times (each with a new variable to match the case)

Is it possible to do something like $INI&$C = IniRead( "H:\label Verification\18.14 setup.ini", "Cursor Cord", $INIWRITEINI, "Error" )

The first part here has 29 different cases but I thought two would be ok for the example.

For $C = 1 to 2
   Select
      Case $C = 1
         $INIWRITEINI = "EMPLOYEE"
            $INI = IniRead( "H:\label Verification\18.14 setup.ini", "Cursor Cord", $INIWRITEINI, "Error" )
      Case $C = 2
         $INIWRITEINI = "EffectiveDate"
             $INI = IniRead( "H:\label Verification\18.14 setup.ini", "Cursor Cord", $INIWRITEINI, "Error" )
   EndSelect
   MsgBox(0,$INIWRITEINI,$INI)
Next

This next part is later in the process.

$INISPLIT = stringsplit($INI,",")
MsgBox(0,$INIWRITEINI,"X: "&$INISPLIT[1]& " Y: "&$INISPLIT[2])
;~Checks to see that the caret point matches what is on file for $INIREAD.               
$d = WinGetCaretPos()
Do
    $Count=$Count+1
    If $Count = 10 Then
       While 1
           ToolTip ( "QAD is running slow."&@CR&"Please wait while production is recorded.",1,1)
            Sleep(300)
            If $d[0] = $INISPLIT[1] AND $d[1] = $INISPLIT[2] Then
                   ExitLoop(1)
            EndIf   
       Wend
       ToolTip ( "                  Follow all prompts."&@CR&"If you believe you are having a problem"&@CR&"                noify your supervisor.",$x,$y)
   EndIf
   Sleep(500)
until $d[0] = $INISPLIT[1] AND $d[1] = $INISPLIT[2]

Does any of that make sense?

Thank you

INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

Assign( "INI" & $C , IniRead("H:\label Verification\18.14 setup.ini","Cursor Cord", $INIWRITEINI,"Error") )

Maybe you should use a two-dimensional array instead?

On second thought, why do you even have a loop? Why not say:

Dim $INI[30]
$INI[0] = IniRead( "H:\label Verification\18.14 setup.ini", "Cursor Cord", "EMPLOYEE", "Error" )
$INI[1] = IniRead( "H:\label Verification\18.14 setup.ini", "Cursor Cord", "EfectiveDate", "Error" )
Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Assign( "INI" & $C , IniRead("H:\label Verification\18.14 setup.ini","Cursor Cord", $INIWRITEINI,"Error") )

Maybe you should use a two-dimensional array instead?

On second thought, why do you even have a loop?  Why not say:

Dim $INI[30]
$INI[0] = IniRead( "H:\label Verification\18.14 setup.ini", "Cursor Cord", "EMPLOYEE", "Error" )
$INI[1] = IniRead( "H:\label Verification\18.14 setup.ini", "Cursor Cord", "EfectiveDate", "Error" )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried your second method and it works great thank you for your help.
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...