Compiling GUI-based Scripts

Guest mustyrabbit

Guest mustyrabbit

Hi, I have installed the last stable version of AutoIt 3 and been playing around with it without any problems.

I have read about the GUI features and tried those out as well, overwriting my files with the ones available from the link on the Sticky post above.

My scripts run fine, and I'm very impress with what AutoIt 3 Beta can do, but for some reason, I can't compile those scripts. The #include statement says the GUIConstants.au3 file cannot be read, then all the GUIxxx functions are stated undefined.

Is there a problem with my setup or the beta version is not yet capable of compiling scripts using GUI functions.

Thanks a million!

• Developers

Hi, I have installed the last stable version of AutoIt 3 and been playing around with it without any problems.

I have read about the GUI features and tried those out as well, overwriting my files with the ones available from the link on the Sticky post above.

My scripts run fine, and I'm very impress with what AutoIt 3 Beta can do, but for some reason, I can't compile those scripts.  The #include statement says the GUIConstants.au3 file cannot be read, then all the GUIxxx functions are stated undefined.

Is there a problem with my setup or the beta version is not yet capable of compiling scripts using GUI functions.

Thanks a million!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The 3.0.103 version is using a different registry key which means that aut2exe cannot find the Include directory... see Here

You could also copy the Guiconstants.au3 to the scriptdir ....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Guest mustyrabbit

Thanks a lot for the quick replies.

I think you hit the nail on the head: registry key.

I am using the zipped version of the software because I do not have admin rights to install it. Thus, no registry key has been set, nor could I change them.

This is why I specified the full path in my Include statements:

#include "C:\Program Files\autoit\Include\GUIConstants.au3"

GUICreate("Format C:\",270,100, 80,100)

$progressbar1 = GUICtrlCreateProgress (30,40,200,20)

$label = GUICtrlCreateLabel ("Please wait while your C: drive is being formatted...",  10, 10, 240)

$button = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Cancel",95,70,70,20, $WS_DISABLED)

GUISetState ()

$wait = 120; wait 120ms for next progressstep

$s = 0; progressbar-saveposition

For $i = $s To 100

GUICtrlSetData ($progressbar1,$i)

Sleep($wait)

Next

Any suggestions?

• Developers

Thanks a lot for the quick replies.

I think you hit the nail on the head: registry key.

I am using the zipped version of the software because I do not have admin rights to install it.  Thus, no registry key has been set, nor could I change them.

This is why I specified the full path in my Include statements:

Any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:idiot: strange that the Run works but the Compile doesn't.

What is the date of the aut2exe & AutoitSC.bin files ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Guest mustyrabbit

Great!

I tried it manually and it worked fine...

My problem was with the IDE, SciTE.

I guess I should check the settings of the fancy notepad. The run feature works fine but the compile does not.

Thanks for all your help...

• Developers

Great!

I tried it manually and it worked fine...

My problem was with the IDE, SciTE.

I guess I should check the settings of the fancy notepad.  The run feature works fine but the compile does not.

Thanks for all your help...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Last version of SciTE4AutoIt3 was modified so that all utilities like AU3Check,Compileau3 to handle both registry settings.

Let me know if you still have problems when using the latest version..

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.