Edit core of autoit

Champak

It's a thing...with scite...and you cant change it :)

Make a hotkey to type it for you...like this

Hotkeyset("{HOME}", "it")

While 1

Sleep(150)

WEnd

Func it()

Send("&@CRLF&")

Endfunc

Edited by Swift

Type "ce" and press space!

You missed! You mean "cw" and press space.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I'm tired of typing "& @CRLF" at the end of all my consolewrite functions, so can someone tell me where I can find this function to add that part in.....and how? Or is this a part of SciTe

No offense, but are you completely retarded? Have you ever heard of writing your own function in the language? Why the hell does this have to be modified "in the core"? Further, you want it changed in the core? Guess what, you'd only save typing 2 - 3 characters because the function would theoretically be called "ConsoleWriteLine".

This is absolutely ridiculous, petty and retarded. Write your own god damned function and stop asking stupid questions.

Are YOU completely retarded? You answered your own damn question with that disrespectful reply(NO OFFENSE....? whatever) Obviously I don't know/didn't think anything about the language file(I'm now guessing you are talking about the include files). So I'll can go ahead and do that, it shouldn't be a problem. I thought consolewrite was more than just a "function"--in so many words--, being able to write to SciTe. You act like someone was attacking you or AutoIt (Sorry I'm not an expert as you...I guess I am retarded in that case). And what the hell is it to you whether I want to edit the core or not if I had to. If there is a different/better/more reasonable way to take care of it...as you've stated in your very tactful response; fine, let it be known and get off your arrogant high horse. This is out of my normal behavior, but that was uncalled for and unnecessary...but whatever, do you.

Edited by Champak

Are YOU completely retarded? You answered your own damn question with that disrespectful reply(NO OFFENSE....? whatever) Obviously I don't know/didn't think anything about the language file(I'm now guessing you are talking about the include files). So I'll can go ahead and do that, it shouldn't be a problem. I thought consolewrite was more than just a "function"--in so many words--, being able to write to SciTe. You act like someone was attacking you or AutoIt (Sorry I'm not an expert as you...I guess I am retarded in that case). And what the hell is it to you whether I want to edit the core or not if I had to. If there is a different/better/more reasonable way to take care of it...as you've stated in your very tactful response; fine, let it be known and get off your arrogant high horse. This is out of my normal behavior, but that was uncalled for and unnecessary...but whatever, do you.

No offence @ Valik...

Dont take what valik says personally...

What I think is valik always sleeps on the wrong side of the bed...but thats him...he keeps order...and I favor him...Valik will attack you sometimes...well...just live with it...if you dont like Valik leave. :)

• Moderators

No offence @ Valik...

Dont take what valik says personally...

What I think is valik always sleeps on the wrong side of the bed...but thats him...he keeps order...and I favor him...Valik will attack you sometimes...well...just live with it...if you dont like Valik leave. :)

You got my curiosity up with this post... 750 posts in 2 months from a noob... I just had to compare your posts (topics) with the person (that has been here much longer than you) you are giving an ultimatum (as if you had some sort of authority to even do so) to.

I found it humorous, even during his first two months worth of questions, they were much more thought out and much more effort put forth on Champak's part than your own... Yet you criticize him (and even Valik in the same sentence as well).

You might be better suited as one of the Chat forum kiddies (IMHO of course), and leave the support forum for those that actually can provide it (regardless of how they do).

BTW, Valik is a big boy, an adult even... quite capable of handling his own... regardless of which side of the bed he sleeps on.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Champak, you want to talk about respect, but let's look at how disrespectful you've been:

• You open a feature request ticket, you clearly didn't bother to research first. If you had, you would see posts on the forum AND on the issue tracker about automatically adding newlines to ConsoleWrite output. What is the point of archiving this data if you aren't going to bother reading it?
  • After your ticket is closed, you create a thread on the forum where you essentially ask for the source to a closed source application.
  • It becomes retro-actively apparent that you didn't even bother to think about the content of your thread before posting. You admit to not even thinking about writing your own function.
Here's a suggestion for you: Think. Learn to do it, particularly *before* you start typing. All this could have been avoided if you would have engaged your brain.

Edit: Removed ban on Champak, thanks Ron for clarifying.

Edited by Valik

Oh yeah, forgot about you Swift. You need to keep your word-hole shut. Ron's right, you are not my mouth-piece. I do not need you to "explain Valik" to people. I am more than capable of speaking for myself. If I start something with somebody, the best thing you can do is stay out of it. This is your warning. The next time you interject your comments into something they don't belong, you're getting a vacation.

1/ I made no such feature ticket request.....I guess I'm not the only one that posts without reading and researching first.

2/ You're right, I didn't search for similar posts first before I posted, I haven't done that before, it was just a random thought while I was coding and I shot it out there. In the past I may have searched and not found something already posted and posted myself....but this is the FIRST time I've posted without searching or thinking and I can take the hit on that and will admit that I was wrong. I figured to myself that if something like this was of interest to people it would have been implemented in the core by now, thus there wouldn't be any posts on it. I thought wrong, and I was wrong.

3/ I didn't know/think autoit was a closed source thing. Messing with an application that gives me the ability to build other applications, having SOME developers interact and helping out with peoples problems, and having an open and friendly forum, something like that and the etiquette of a question like that didn't come to mind. So for that I seriously apologize to the developers for asking that question.

4/ And are you seriously comparing the "disrespect" of a personal attack to etiquette of posting?

But you are right, I will think a little more before posting so this little interaction doesn't happen again.

Also, Thanks Piano Man

Edited by Champak

1/ I made no such feature ticket request.....I guess I'm not the only one that posts without reading and researching first.

Touché. For some reason I really did think you created a ticket, but I see you were the one who reported the WinMenuSelectItem() problem.

4/ And are you seriously comparing the "disrespect" of a personal attack to etiquette of posting?

First, you haven't seen a personal attack yet. But anyway, isn't disrespect - disrespect. Do the means influence the end result?