Scrollbox GUI command?

DickG

I could not find a GUI command to create a scrollbox.

It's the type where you have a little box with one number in it, and you click the up or down arrow to increment/decrement the number. It returns whatever number is selected.

Is this possible in AutoIt?

Dick

I could not find a GUI command to create a scrollbox.

It's the type where you have a little box with one number in it, and you click the up or down arrow to increment/decrement the number. It returns whatever number is selected.

Is this possible in AutoIt?

Dick

$List = GUICtrlCreateList()

GUICtrlCreateUpDown($List)

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Fantastic! I looked everywhere in the list, but I guess I was looking for the wrong thing (scroll box, scroll list). Never thought of UpDown.

I gave it try. Works pretty good. But I noticed that is takes too long to go to a certain number, having to scroll all the way up or down. Like going from 1 to 16.

So here's what I ended up using:

$Scrollbox = GUICtrlCreateCombo ("1", $Left + 575, $Top + 230, 50, 20)
GUICtrlSetData($Scrollbox,"2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20","1")

Now I can quickly drop down the list and click 16.

Thanks much, GEOSoft.

Dick

$List = GUICtrlCreateList()

GUICtrlCreateUpDown($List)

Fantastic! I looked everywhere in the list, but I guess I was looking for the wrong thing (scroll box, scroll list). Never thought of UpDown.

I gave it try. Works pretty good. But I noticed that is takes too long to go to a certain number, having to scroll all the way up or down. Like going from 1 to 16.

So here's what I ended up using:

$Scrollbox = GUICtrlCreateCombo ("1", $Left + 575, $Top + 230, 50, 20)
GUICtrlSetData($Scrollbox,"2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20","1")

Now I can quickly drop down the list and click 16.

Thanks much, GEOSoft.

Dick

Welcome.

list with UpDown is not really suited for that many entries. A combo is the better choice.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"