Object usage question

My application is set up to use two exe files. One hidden running in the background and the upfront one. If I create an object in the upfront one, can I still control that object with the one running in the background? The object is wmp.

You can send a function command in a ControlSend? I'm not trying to control an actual button or "element", it's an actual function that I am trying to control in the first exe from the second exe. I guess I can make a hidden button in the first exe to activate the function, but I would rather not. So is your thinking the ControlSend would be the only way to do this?

I finally got a chance to work on this portion and ControlClick (I assume you meant ControlClick instead of ControlSend, because ControlSend sends text, according to the help) is not working for this, because the window is not visible....I assume that is the reason. I set it up to have the second program ControlClick a hidden button on the first program, and that hidden button activate the function. I pretty much know I can't control the object, I remember being told that wmp object can't use the get function to control it.

So is there another way to activate a function in my main app from my secondary app? VERY IMPORTANT.

Thanks.

Edited by Champak