WinSetState Returns Blank Form

susserj

Hi,

I'm trying to fix a bug in the installation of a program called Humminbird. To fix the problem I have to launch a program called interceptor, then double click an icon in the system tray, then click a parameter off then back on in the window.

If I use WinSetState("Hummingbird DM Interceptor", "", @SW_SHOW) a window comes up but it has no buttons on it and is quite useless.

The problem with just picking coordinates to click on is that I don't know what the user's resolution is or how many other icons they may have in their system tray.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps you are showing the incorrect window? Here is a program called WinLister from Nirsoft.net. It lists all the hidden windows. It may help in your case?

Once you have a window to interact with, you maybe able to use controlclicks?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, using WInlist I found two possible windows.

Hummingbird DM Interceptor  No  (118, 144)  (563, 284)  00040148    #32770  No  Yes No  Yes 000005C8    C:\Program Files\Hummingbird\DM Extensions\Interceptor.exe  Hummingbird DM Extensions   Interceptor main module 5.1.0.52020 Hummingbird Ltd.

No  (0, 0)  (126, 115)  00040150    InterceptorHooksClass   No  No  No  No  000005C8    C:\Program Files\Hummingbird\DM Extensions\Interceptor.exe  Hummingbird DM Extensions   Interceptor main module 5.1.0.52020 Hummingbird Ltd.

I used the following code to try and bring up the first one and send it some mouse clicks, however, after the window comes up, it does nothing. I'm just wondering if I might have a syntax error.

WinSetState("Hummingbird", "", @SW_SHOW)
ControlClick ( "Hummingbird", "", "#32770" , "left", 2 )

For the second window, I don't know how to bring forward the window since the title is blank.