Button Snake [Game] v2.0! - NOW WITH LEVEL PLAY!

JonnyThunder

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Changing the color of the termite button would help a lot. It's hard to see the termite when you're snake gets long. :)

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Can anyone tell me how to change colour of GUI buttons (without using graphics for buttons)?

Edited by JonnyThunder

I inserted this code:

GuiCtrlSetData($termite_segment_handle, $snake_termite_pattern)
                    GUICtrlSetBkColor($termite_segment_handle, 0xff0000)

When the termite is added, it is colored of red to be more visible.

A lan chat (Multilanguage)LanMuleFile transferTank gameTank 2 an online game[center]L'esperienza è il nome che tutti danno ai propri errori.Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.Oscar Wilde[/center]

Thanks Fabry. have colourised the whole snake now. Was lookin for that damn function for AGES!!

Version 1.4.2 is now available! - ButtonSnake... NOW IN COLOUR!! ... LOL

:party:

Aww, everyone's beat my high score... :) I really think you should have levels, like 20 for level 1 then 20 for every level after that, if you get 300, you beat the game! :)

Am lookin into a level function for it. Say, 100 points to clear a level - but with fixed walls to avoid. May be hard with the termites tho!

Edited by JonnyThunder

You can remove them. $Use_Termites=false

Though, usually if that happens - it's cos you didn't notice it in time. Try the colour version instead - much easier to spot.

The termites are setup to always be generated within the half of the worm closest to the head. I've never seen it mess up tho.

Anyone else?

All the colours are definable variables....

$snake_head_colour

$snake_body_colour

$termite_colour

I did have colouring for the apple too, but it didn't look right so I ditched it.

Working on levels now!

Awesome! I havn't really looked at the script :), only played the game!

I've just added a level editor to the original post. Anyone who wants to design some levels, please feel free.

All you gotta do is run the script, click on the boxes that you want to be walls (they will turn black). When you're done, copy the text in the input box at the bottom and paste it into a post in this thread.

Remember though!! The snake actually has to move around in this, so anything enclosed wont make much sense. Nor will anywhere that you can't turn the snake around!

Examples:

Straight_Line_Level|13,5|13,6|13,7|13,8|13,9|13,10|13,11|13,12|13,13|13,14|13,15|13,16|13,17|13,18|1

3,19|13,20|13,21

Crosshair_Level|5,13|6,13|7,13|8,13|9,13|10,13|13,5|13,6|13,7|13,8|13,9|13,10|13,16|13,17|13,18|13,1

9|13,20|13,21|16,13|17,13|18,13|19,13|20,13|21,13

Edited by JonnyThunder

Thats what im working on now. The new version will basically have a list of inbuilt levels which you'll run through. You will be able to change them if you like - im just looking for some samples now.

I could do it myself, but im busy writing the code! :)