compile not working... "unable to open script" error

I just installed the newest versions, haven't been using this lately.

I cannot get the new compiler to work. Older one works, as long as I don't use newer commands.

It runs, finishes everything, then when I run the .exe, I get this error:

Unable to open the script file. (and a cmd window is up and left open, nothing in it...)

HELP? did I install something wrong? I used the auto-install, etc.... must have a setting wrong somewhere?

Thanks,

erniede

I just installed the newest versions, haven't been using this lately.

I cannot get the new compiler to work. Older one works, as long as I don't use newer commands.

It runs, finishes everything, then when I run the .exe, I get this error:

Unable to open the script file. (and a cmd window is up and left open, nothing in it...)

HELP? did I install something wrong? I used the auto-install, etc.... must have a setting wrong somewhere?

Thanks,

erniede

Not a lot to go on for me to give an answer at least.

Does the script run if it's not compiled?

Can you add any debugging lines to find out what's happening?

Can you show any code?

Are you sure that is exactly the error message you get?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hi Martin, thanks in advance for any help...

Not a lot to go on for me to give an answer at least.

Does the script run if it's not compiled?

Yes, runs perfectly.

Can you add any debugging lines to find out what's happening?

No idea what to look for...

Can you show any code?

Here's a simplified version, but it acts the same way when compiled:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=..\TODAY\favicon_20080227_2914\favicon.ico

#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=test launch.exe

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Run("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE http://portal.edutrax.net")

WinWaitActive("eduTrax - User Login - Windows Internet Explorer")

Send("{TAB 8}") ;Presses TAB 8 times

Send("edutrax") ;type username

Send("{TAB}") ; TAB to password, assume autocomplete...

Send("{ENTER}") ;enter key

Are you sure that is exactly the error message you get?

Screen Capture attached...

Hi Martin, thanks in advance for any help...

For me the window title is

eduTrax - User Login - Microsoft Internet Explorer

and not

eduTrax - User Login - Windows Internet Explorer

but that could be because you have IE7 for example

Also, for me I need to tab 3 times not 8. With those 2 changes it worked for me.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

For me the window title is

eduTrax - User Login - Microsoft Internet Explorer

and not

eduTrax - User Login - Windows Internet Explorer

but that could be because you have IE7 for example

Also, for me I need to tab 3 times not 8. With those 2 changes it worked for me.

Yeah, I was aware of those problems, but changing them makes no difference on my machine, because I cannot get the compiler to produce an EXE for ANY script. The problem is not making the script run.

Regardless of the script I use, the compiler produces the exact same error: "unable to open the script file"

Does ANYONE know why I get this error?? Surely I'm not the first one to get it.

How are you compiling ? in SciTE then show the Outputpane information. :)

capture of the compiler screen attached.

From SciTE, I press Ctrl-F7, I've tried all the diff versions, no diff.

Here's the output when I run the setup in the capture:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui.exe" /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Ernie de los Santos\Desktop\au3\launch v2b.au3"

+>10:05:56 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper GUI v.1.10.1.7

-> No changes made..

+>10:08:15 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.7 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.3.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>10:08:15 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.0.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Ernie de los Santos\Desktop\au3\launch v2b.au3" /out "C:\Documents and Settings\Ernie de los Santos\Desktop\au3\launch v2b.exe" /icon "C:\Documents and Settings\Ernie de los Santos\Desktop\au3\favicon.ico" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\ERNIED~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

+>10:08:18 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0

->Warning: This is an Unicode compiled script and will not run on Win9x/ME.

>Exit code: 0 Time: 144.458

It doesn't matter what script I try to compile, I get this same error.

post-34048-1207069962_thumb.png

New Script, very simple... same problem:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=test launch.exe

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseAnsi=y

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Run("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE http://portal.edutrax.net")

WinWaitActive("eduTrax - User Login")

WinSetState("eduTrax - User Login", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

Compiler output:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui.exe" /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\test launch.au3"

+>10:16:14 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper GUI v.1.10.1.7

-> 2 Change(s) made.

+>10:17:20 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.7 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.3.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>10:17:21 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.0.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\test launch.au3" /out "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\test launch.exe" /icon "C:\Documents and Settings\Ernie de los Santos\Desktop\TODAY\favicon_20080227_2914\favicon.ico" /comp 2 /pack /Console

+>10:17:23 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 70.990

When I run the EXE: AutoIt Error: Unable to open the script file.

I'm thinking there is just some kind of setup problem...

Yes, I used the latest install, to my knowledge... that's the version listed in properties for the AutoIt3 applicaton.

Try updating to the latest versions, 3.2.0.1 is quite old now.

It doesn't explain your problem to me though because there shouldn't be anything trying to open your script. What are you doing to run test launch.exe?

The example you gave ran fine for me even compiled but after I made the changes to the title and the number of TABs sent.

• Developers

It doesn't explain your problem to me though because there shouldn't be anything trying to open your script. What are you doing to run test launch.exe?

The example you gave ran fine for me even compiled but after I made the changes to the title and the number of TABs sent.

I haven't tested it yet, but the latest version of SciTE4AutoIt3 (which the OP is running) also installs the current beta version of aut2exe to get support the needed commandline parameters and I am not sure if that version of aut2exe is also compatible with the version of AUtoIt3 the OP is running.

Confused ? :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

He is using 3.2.11.2 in the production folder by the picture. 3.2.0.1 is the Aut2Exe version which makes no sense.

• Developers

He is using 3.2.11.2 in the production folder by the picture. 3.2.0.1 is the Aut2Exe version which makes no sense.

The simple reason for that is that AutoIt3_GUI shows the version of aut2exe.exe and AutoIt3Wrapper the version of the BIN file.

In Other words, I only updated AutoIt3Wrapper not the GUI when I replaced the aut2exe program. :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, dunno WHY I had an older version, but I reinstalled, and the 3.2.10.0 version made the diff...

Runs fine and compiles fine now. compiler now opens the Au2Exe now runs differently? opens 2 windows, seems to ask for the same thing?

Thanks to Jos and Martin both...

• Developers

Ok, dunno WHY I had an older version, but I reinstalled, and the 3.2.10.0 version made the diff...

Runs fine and compiles fine now. compiler now opens the Au2Exe now runs differently? opens 2 windows, seems to ask for the same thing?

Thanks to Jos and Martin both...

Just run the SciTE3AutoIt3 installer again to update the aut2exe files to the correct version needed for support in autoit3wrapper.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.