'Send' has stopped working!

I have a number of scripts that I use to automate testing of a VB app I'm working on - VS2008 on Vista SP1

I've not used 'em for a while and come to do some testing again today and suddenly they don't send keystrokes any more - putting diagnostic msgboxes before and after indicates that the send is being hit, but nothing is sent to my app, both when running in the IDE and as a compiled .exe

Pretty sure I've not changed anything other than applying Vista SP1, and it worked fine before that.

Also, the test script using the Windows Calculator still works so it appears to be .Net programs that are affected.

One of our clients is a big fan of AutoIt and has used it extensively to automate our app with the rest of his software, so I hope he's not going to be in for a surprise when he moves to Vista.

Can anyone shed any light? Is this a known issue? I've searched on here but can't find any reference to it so far.

TIA

pg

I have a number of scripts that I use to automate testing of a VB app I'm working on - VS2008 on Vista SP1

I've not used 'em for a while and come to do some testing again today and suddenly they don't send keystrokes any more - putting diagnostic msgboxes before and after indicates that the send is being hit, but nothing is sent to my app, both when running in the IDE and as a compiled .exe

Pretty sure I've not changed anything other than applying Vista SP1, and it worked fine before that.

Also, the test script using the Windows Calculator still works so it appears to be .Net programs that are affected.

One of our clients is a big fan of AutoIt and has used it extensively to automate our app with the rest of his software, so I hope he's not going to be in for a surprise when he moves to Vista.

Can anyone shed any light? Is this a known issue? I've searched on here but can't find any reference to it so far.

TIA

pg

If you are saying that you created them in Windows XP or an OS before Vista, did you add #RequireAdmin to your code that you are running under Vista??

If you are saying that you created them in Windows XP or an OS before Vista, did you add #RequireAdmin to your code that you are running under Vista??

Wow that's a quick response! I'm a real noob with AutoIt and I wasn't aware of #RequireAdmin - but for sure I'm aware of how often UAC can cause problems. (I have this image of Bill Gates saying "They want security?? We'll give them security all right! and see how they like it!!") and I wondered if it was in some way involved in this. But, as I said in the previous post - it used to work on Vista pre SP1 , and the Calculator script does still work! Anyway the short answer is - Yes - added #RequireAdmin and that fixed it.

Thanks again

pg

Further research reveals that the SP1 issue is a red herring. The issue is this: If the IDE is running as Administrator, then the script also must be. If the IDE isn't, then the script runs fine without it.

(I guess this makes sense, since otherwise you'd have a 'safe' thing being controlled by an 'unsafe' thing)

Grandma/eggs type apologies if this is documented/ common knowledge to eveyone here . . .

pg