Sound Device Change Script Help

Hi-

I had a problem that when I unplugged my external speakers (I have a laptop), the volume indicator got messed up. When I restarted ehtray.exe in Process Explorer, the volume indicator problem was fixed. A very helpful person at the Piriform Forums helped me create a batch file that restarts ehtray.exe (ehtray is a application in Windows XP Media Center that is used for the actual media center portion of the OS and as the on screen volume indicator - the green bars) and Winamp (if it is running at the time the batch file is written). Here's the code for the batch file:

taskkill /im ehtray.exe /F
start C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
taskkill /im "winamp.exe" /F
if %errorlevel%==0 (start /d "C:\Program Files\Winamp" winamp.exe)
cls
exit

I wanted to add the following to the batch file:

• I would like to make the batch file automatically run on a sound device change.

• I would like Winamp to resume playing the track at the time it left off at when the batch file runs when Winamp restarts. Winamp has a hotkey "Ctrl + J" that is used to jump to a time in the track. It brings up a window that shows the current time in a text box. I would like to create a variable that could save the time and then place that value in the time in the text box after Winamp has started again. I can also create a global hotkey in Winamp's preferences that does the same function so that Winamp would not have to be the active window for the hotkey (Ctrl + J) to work.

• When Winamp is forcefully restarted the current song playing is not the song that is active when Winamp starts again. I would also need to save the song title and artist to a variable. In order to do so, I would need to distinguish among different text boxes in a single window.

The person said that a batch file would not be able to do all of the things I wanted to do, but suggested I ask on the AutoIt forums for help to make a script with AutoIt. Can anyone help me out?