Automate Installation of EXE file

I can install a EXE manually on a machine using the following commant line from the START - RUN prompt with no issues:

"c:\program files\SD_Lib\smartview.exe /s /v/qn"

When I try to automate the installation using the following two comments, the script appears to run correctly, however the application does not install.

Am I formatting the commands correctly or is there a better way to do this so it will instlal the application?

RunWait("c:\Program FIles\SD_Lib\SmartView.exe /s /v/qn","", @SW_HIDE)

and I also tried the below commans:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "c:\Program FIles\SD_Lib\SmartView.exe /s /v/qn", "", @SW_HIDE)

Thanks for your help,

Lou

Edited by Bullitt00692

I can install a EXE manually on a machine using the following commant line from the START - RUN prompt with no issues:

"c:\program files\SD_Lib\smartview.exe /s /v/q"

When I try to automate the installation using the following two comments, the script appears to run correctly, however the application does not install.

Am I formatting the commands correctly or is there a better way to do this so it will instlal the application?

RunWait(c:\Program FIles\SD_Lib\SmartView.exe /s /v/qn',"", @SW_HIDE)

and I also tried the below commans:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "c:\Program FIles\SD_Lib\SmartView.exe /s /v/qn", "", @SW_HIDE)

Thanks for your help,

Lou

Just a note on your first command - You're missing the opening quotation mark.

RunWait('c:\Program FIles\SD_Lib\SmartView.exe /s /v/qn',"", @SW_HIDE)

Edit: You may also want to try a test run without @SW_HIDE so you can see if any errors pop (like, for example, usage of /q on the manual run, but /qn on the scripted run.

Edited by Monamo

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

Just a note on your first command - You're missing the opening quotation mark.

RunWait('c:\Program FIles\SD_Lib\SmartView.exe /s /v/qn',"", @SW_HIDE)

Edit: You may also want to try a test run without @SW_HIDE so you can see if any errors pop (like, for example, usage of /q on the manual run, but /qn on the scripted run.

The missing /qu and the quots were mis-typed - I edited the post to correct the errors.

Would I be better of with the @Comspec in the RUNWAIT commend or should I skip the COMSPEC command?

The missing /qu and the quots were mis-typed - I edited the post to correct the errors.

Would I be better of with the @Comspec in the RUNWAIT commend or should I skip the COMSPEC command?

Skip it - I tend not to use @Comspec unless I'm distinctly running DOS commands.

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]