control send problems

hi all new with the program and have been workign my way through my first script.... not sure whats wrogn because the exampel formt eh help file doesnt work either but here it is

i try to execute the following script

Run ("c:\install\applications\adobe\adobeencoredvd\setup.exe")
WinWaitActive ( "Adobe Encore DVD 1.0 Setup" )
ControlSend("Adobe Encore DVD 1.0 Setup","","Edit2", "David")

but the "David" text does not get put into the control "Edit2"?????

thoguht imight have down somethign wrong so i copied the example script from the help file into a new script and tried it.....

Run ("notepad.exe")
ControlSend("Untitled", "", "Edit1", "This is a line of text in the notepad window")

i've tried this and the text "This is a line of text in the notepad window" does nto appear when the scritp is executed.... why not????

whats wrong????

confused

BUZZ

• Developers

hi all new with the program and have been workign my way through my first script.... not sure whats wrogn because the exampel formt eh help file doesnt work either but here it is

i try to execute the following script

Run ("c:\install\applications\adobe\adobeencoredvd\setup.exe")
WinWaitActive ( "Adobe Encore DVD 1.0 Setup" )
ControlSend("Adobe Encore DVD 1.0 Setup","","Edit2", "David")

but the "David" text does not get put into the control "Edit2"?????

thoguht imight have down somethign wrong so i copied the example script from the help file into a new script and tried it.....

Run ("notepad.exe")
ControlSend("Untitled", "", "Edit1", "This is a line of text in the notepad window")

i've tried this and the text "This is a line of text in the notepad window" does nto appear when the scritp is executed.... why not????

whats wrong????

confused

BUZZ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Buzz,

It could be that the ControlSend command in the example from the helpfile is executed before Notepad started ... so put a sleep or winwait in there.

As far as your other problem, did you check with the au3_spy program if you have the title and control name correct ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

yes i have doubled checked it....

the box i want the "david" text into is called "edit2" and teh title of the window is correct.......

what else could i try?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The script continues past this controlSend statement ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

yes i have doubled checked it....

the box i want the "david" text into is called "edit2" and teh title of the window is correct.......

what else could i try?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's because of the case of "edit2" in the ControlSend statement. I tried the ControlSend example in the help file, with a WinWaitActive, and it writes to Notepad only if the case of the ControlID is incorrect. I suggest:

ControlSend("Adobe Encore DVD 1.0 Setup","","edit2", "David")

Phillip