How to replase windows notepad

How to replase windows notepad with notepad2

I tried rename notepad2exe to notepad.exe and then replace files in \windows and in \windows\system32 but in few seconds windows put back its default notepad.

I tried rename notepad2exe to notepad.exe and then replace files in \windows and in \windows\system32 but in few seconds windows put back its default notepad.

May I ask why you want to replace notepad.exe? You could much more easily just change the file associations.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

• Developers

Why not just right-click open with, or open, and set it as default?

None will work anymore Swift, you had your chances..

Now go and stop the:

-Anger

-threats

-begging

It won't help as I have been very very very honest with you all along and have given you ample chances.

You have not listened and it has to stop, as sinple as that.

Now go and stop all of this.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

May I ask why you want to replace notepad.exe? You could much more easily just change the file associations.

Thanks for idea , could you say meh iwherei i can find file associations at registery

Why not just right-click open with, or open, and set it as default?

None will work anymore Swift, you had your chances..

Now go and stop the:

-Anger

-threats

-begging

It won't help as I have been very very very honest with you all along and have given you ample chances.

You have not listened and it has to stop, as sinple as that.

Now go and stop all of this.

Jos

heh swift is banned.. he had teached me autoit. He is young, only 13 years old thats why "-Anger -threats -begging" it's a characteristic of this age.

Edited by au3scr

wtf why this post is in General Help and Support, i thought that it is in chat forum...maybe its just because i am too sleep to think clearly .

edit: sorry if its my fault

Edited by au3scr

hi

this is due to the windows file protection (system file protection) - it can be turned off (but its not recommended) and then the files can be replaced in "save mode windows" start

i also recommend setting up file extensions to the new notepad--

-> explorer -> extras -> folderoptions -> file associations (or something like that -- i run the german version :D