Context in which Script Runs

Guest keystone04

Guest keystone04

I created a script and it runs fine from the desktop. I tried to deploy it using UpdateExpert which is my patching software. It has a custom fix deloyment option.

If the user is logged in then the patch runs just fine.

If no users are logged in then it just waits for a user to login, as soon as a user logs into the machine you see the first install screen that the AutoIT script runs but it hangs on that screen.

I am using normal stuff like the following:

Run("\\kpmcom01\software\ca\ArcServe v9 Client\Win2KXP\setup.exe")

WinWait("Install BrightStor Client Agent for Windows")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("BrightStor ARCserve Backup Client Agent for Windows")

Send("!n")

Do I need to use a different process to allow the script to run since it is not trully "logging" into the computer when UpdateExpert deploys it or am I missing something basic? And forbid it just might not be possible :-).

I am just trying to using software that I already have to do fully remote deploy. I think that it is the fact that I am using the send commands which do not work unless a user is "logged in". Has anyone overcome this?

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

I created a script and it runs fine from the desktop.  I tried to deploy it using UpdateExpert which is my patching software. It has a custom fix deloyment option. 

If the user is logged in then the patch runs just fine.

If no users are logged in then it just waits for a user to login, as soon as a user logs into the machine you see the first install screen that the AutoIT script runs but it hangs on that screen.

I am using normal stuff like the following:

Run("\\kpmcom01\software\ca\ArcServe v9 Client\Win2KXP\setup.exe")

WinWait("Install BrightStor Client Agent for Windows")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("BrightStor ARCserve Backup Client Agent for Windows")

Send("!n")

Do I need to use a different process to allow the script to run since it is not trully "logging" into the computer when UpdateExpert deploys it or am I missing something basic?  And forbid it just might not be possible :-).

I am just trying to using software that I already have to do fully remote deploy.  I think that it is the fact that I am using the send commands which do not work unless a user is "logged in".  Has anyone overcome this?

Thanks in advance.

Some user has to be logged in to use the send commands, but you say you can see the desktop? It may be that you need to give whatever service/account the deploy software is running under "interact with desktop" rights.

If you can't see the desktop then you are out of luck as neither can AutoIt.