Make IE to "remember" the validation (WGA)

Hi.

In a few days it's time again: After the MS patchday the people from Winhelpline will update their nice tool to silently update Windows XP SP2 PCs. (very comforable for PCs with a new XP installation)

Every few months I do a fresh download of all the optional files, and again I'll imprecate that nice button:

"Continue" Validation required.

I want to point out very clearly that I do NOT want to cheat the WGA, it's OK that the validity is checked. But a one time check for tens of downloads should be sufficent, so I'm wondering if it's possible to make the currently open IE to "remember" the validity status and to bypass that anoying, dumb button.

If the WGA Tool isn't installed or outdated, there is an option offered (bottom of pages) to use an "Alternative way" for the WGA validation. That one is giving you some few digits code you have to paste into the IE form. IIRC in January I found a guide how to add this string to the URL in the IE address field to automatically press "continue", but I can't find that one any more.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Rudi.

Edited by rudi

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Hi again :)

[snip]

If the WGA Tool isn't installed or outdated, there is an option offered (bottom of pages) to use an "Alternative way" for the WGA validation. That one is giving you some few digits code you have to paste into the IE form. IIRC in January I found a guide how to add this string to the URL in the IE address field to automatically press "continue", but I can't find that one any more.

[snip]

Any suggestions?

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!