Can Autoit3 Do This For Me?

Hi every1,

I'm wanting to use au3 to perform actions on Firefox while the program is minimized. I was wondering if au3 can detect ControlID's on the page, select or execute them, and send a string of characters to the control.

I havn't got au3 installed on this machine right now so I can't test anything but if you need any more details please ask :)

Regards

Hi every1,

I'm wanting to use au3 to perform actions on Firefox while the program is minimized. I was wondering if au3 can detect ControlID's on the page, select or execute them, and send a string of characters to the control.

I havn't got au3 installed on this machine right now so I can't test anything but if you need any more details please ask :)

Regards

Yes it can do that, using the controlsend function, and you can get the controlID using the included autoit window info program.

No, AutoIt CANNOT control Firefox. Unlike Internet Explorer, Firefox does not allow access to its inner workings.

You can "fake" Firefox control by sending mouseclicks or keystrokes to the application but you cannot directly access the DOM structure as you can with IE.