Get Memory Info Of Remote PC

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the best way to get the total amount of physical memory from a remote machine?

I need to get the memory details for 5000+ machines in our Active Directory and want to do it by querying the remote PC.

I know I can use "memgetstats" to get the memory details, but I need to execute this on the remote machine, or would it be easier to use WMI?

Thanks,

NiVZ

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the best way to get the total amount of physical memory from a remote machine?

I need to get the memory details for 5000+ machines in our Active Directory and want to do it by querying the remote PC.

I know I can use "memgetstats" to get the memory details, but I need to execute this on the remote machine, or would it be easier to use WMI?

Thanks,

NiVZ

Here you can find a great UDF from JSThePatriot to take inventory from local and/or remote machines.

Computer Info UDF's

Enjoy it :)

Thanks,

I actually got something working using WMI but I was using:

SELECT * from WIN32_LogicalMemoryConfiguration

and then getting the "TotalPhysicalmemory" value which wasn't very accurate, eg 2GB reported as 2014mb and 1GB reported as 992mb, etc

Now, having looked at that UDF I'm using:

SELECT * from Win32_PhysicalMemory

and then looping through each chip getting the "Capacity" value which works out correctly each time, eg 2GB reported as 2048 and 1GB reported as 1024, etc

Thanks again,

NiVZ

Edited by NiVZ