BearShare Pro Functions

Prophet

If been working on automating searching and downloading in BearShare Pro. I seem to have all the bugs worked out of it. So i thought i'd share the functions with you all :)

[Edit]

Made a update

Functions now got more appropiate names like BSSearch.

Added a lot of agruments for the BSSearch function.

Functions now return value for succes and errors

all in all im not displeased with my first autoit script :)

[Edit]

BS_Func.au3

Edited by Prophet
+==================================================================+| The Definition of Madness: Creating a GUI, with GUI automation scripts |+==================================================================+

It doensn't yet, Im working on a filtered search, wich will exclude known spam words. But its not fullproof at this point.

I dont get that many spam results on my searches though, so its not realy a problem for me.

+==================================================================+| The Definition of Madness: Creating a GUI, with GUI automation scripts |+==================================================================+

The Pro versions dont have spyware. But they dont make/support them anymore. They changed owners or something and a lot changed over the last year. I'm not even sure if the new BearShare still uses Gnutella

LoL when did you read that? Would that be the old BearShare or the new?

This thread appears to be full of misinformation. The old BearShare (before the RIAA lackeys got to it) is still alive and well. Have a look at www.technutopia.com for stable versions without any addon-ware (not spy-ware or mal-ware), and how to run it under Vista.

From what I read, a properly configured installation with the appropriate updated filters should work well without any assistance from scripting searches, unless you are running a very old unstable version of BearShare.

Of course, running the latest version from the RIAA/MPAA stable is inviting repercussions if you are trying to share/download copyright content for which you do not have permission to share.