Problems with _IEPropertyGet()

Hi,

I am trying to automate login at a local website and to navigate a javascript-driven menu in order to get some detailled overview of a system state. My script does work on _my_ machine, but fails on most of the operator ones.

I can successfully login, but finally had to record mouseclicks onto given coordinates to operate that javascript-menu. Ant that seems to be the problem - the coordinates differ depending on the actual configuration of the IE. I tried to get the upper left corners coords using _IEPropertyGet(), but always get $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType.

I managed to modify some values for seterror in $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType in IE.au3 and found that this error is set at

If __IEIsObjType($o_object, "window") Or __IEIsObjType($o_object, "document") Then

because $o_object is a "document".

The function Reference _IEPropertyGet says it 'Returns a select property of the Browser or DOM element.'. I imagined the document being such a DOM element!??

I also tried some child elements like frameset, frames and so on and always get the very same error $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType. Here's part of my code:

$o_IE = _IECreate ()

_IENavigate ($o_IE, "http://getemed1:8080/visualtime/index.jsp")

_IELoadWait($o_IE)

; get the frame_object, form and controls

$o_Doc =_IEDocGetObj($o_IE)

$o_Mainframe =_IEFrameGetObjByName($o_IE, "mainframe")

;MsgBox(0, "Document_obj:", ObjName($o_Doc)) ; work as expected

;MsgBox(0, "Document Created Date", $o_Doc.fileCreatedDate) ; dito

$IE_DocTop = _IEPropertyGet($o_Doc, "screeny")

Can someone help me out?

If Dale Home could explain why this If __IEIsObjType($o_object, "window") Or __IEIsObjType($o_object, "document") Then... test is done?

Windows, Frames, Documents... none of them have a screeny property. See the object documentation on MSDN. Suggest you get a reference to the document "BODY" element which will have it (it is a DOM element... contained in a document).

If you can dig into the document structure (with DebugBar for example), you would likely be able to do this without using screen coordinates.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Windows, Frames, Documents... none of them have a screeny property. See the object documentation on MSDN. Suggest you get a reference to the document "BODY" element which will have it (it is a DOM element... contained in a document).

If you can dig into the document structure (with DebugBar for example), you would likely be able to do this without using screen coordinates.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble