My script isnt doing anything! Where am I going wrong?

This program requires an ini file named barcode.ini and the ini file looks like:

[AviCodes]

12345=avi1.avi

123456=movie1.wmv

My script so far:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
Global $Paused
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

$Form1 = GUICreate("Scan Barcode", 150, 22, 1, 1); creats a GUI window (Width, Height, Left, Top,)
$edit_field = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 0, 0, 148, 21); ( "text", left, top , width , height)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW); shows the GUI window? Found reference to @SW_HIDE

Func Start_Script()
Local $user_input; is this necessary and formatted correctly?
While 1
    WinActivate("Barcode.exe")
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    Case $edit_field
           $user_input = GUICtrlRead($edit_field); does this set $user_input to the user defined value or the other way around? 
           If IniRead("barcode.ini", "AviCodes", $user_input, "no entry") = "no entry" Then
                MsgBox(16, "Code not found", "The code you entered "&$user_input&" was not found in the database",3)
           Else
                ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\" & IniRead("barcode.ini", "AviCodes", $user_input, "no entry"))
                Sleep (2000); wait for the movie to start playing
                Send ("{ALTDOWN}")
                Send ("{ENTER}")
                Send ("{ALTUP}"); maximizes the windows media player window after the movie starts to play
                Exit
           EndIf
EndSwitch
WEnd
EndFunc

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

When the program starts, I get a user input window and I can enter a number and hit enter but nothing happens. I want the program to either tell me that the code I entered was not found or I want the computer to start playing the avi file attached to the code in the ini file. Help!

Another issue I am having is that after I enter a code and hit enter I want the information in the text box to disappear so I can enter another code without having to hit backspace or anything else. What is happening now is if I type '12345' in the user input box and hit enter, the text box highlights just '2345' and when i begin to enter a new number the 1 stays there.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

I changed around a little in the code but it should be working for you. Putting in a code and pressing enter does work correctly for me... are you sure that barcode.ini exsists in the same location as the script?

Here is the code,

Global $Paused

$Form1 = GUICreate("Scan Barcode", 150, 22, 1, 1); creats a GUI window (Width, Height, Left, Top,)
$edit_field = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 0, 0, 148, 21); ( "text", left, top , width , height)
GUISetState(); @SW_SHOW is the default

;Func Start_Script()
;Local $user_input; is this necessary and formatted correctly?;depends on how your final script will look - read in the help file
While 1
  ;WinActivate("Barcode.exe")
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    Case $edit_field
           $user_input = GUICtrlRead($edit_field); sets $user_input to whatever was typed in the edit box
           If IniRead("barcode.ini", "AviCodes", $user_input, "no entry") = "no entry" Then
                MsgBox(16, "Code not found", "The code you entered "&$user_input&" was not found in the database",3)
                GUICtrlSetData($edit_field, "");erases not successful input
           Else
                ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\" & IniRead("barcode.ini", "AviCodes", $user_input, "no entry"))
;~               Sleep (2000); wait for the movie to start playing
;~               Send ("{ALTDOWN}")
;~               Send ("{ENTER}")
;~               Send ("{ALTUP}"); maximizes the windows media player window after the movie starts to play
                Exit
           EndIf
EndSwitch
WEnd
;EndFunc

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Let us know if you have questions

EDIT: not so clear....

Edited by someone
While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd

Global $Paused

GUISetState(); @SW_SHOW is the default

;Func Start_Script()
;Local $user_input; is this necessary and formatted correctly?;depends on how your final script will look - read in the help file
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

I modified the above code to:

Func Start_Script()
; Local $user_input
    MsgBox(4096, "Window Activated", 1)
While 1
    MsgBox(4096, "event1", 1)
    $user_input = GUIGetMsg($edit_field)

and I am not getting a msgbox "window activated". I do not know how to initiate the start_script function if my program isnt moving past "create gui window". Help!

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

You know that when you encase something in a func/endfunc it doesn't execute automatically right?

For instance if you really want to have your code as a function, you have to add Start_Script() where you want the function to execute. But I'm not sure you actually want one.

While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd