Trying to make a user-definable hotkey system

I'm writing a registry of hotkeys and setting the value to the command that I want it to run like this:

!^#a=c:\some\command\likethis.exe

I'm doing it this way so the user will have the ability to "go nuts" and create as many hotkeys as they want, including the ability to define multiple hotkeys for the same function (if they want).

I'm using RegEnum to go thru the registry key where I'm storing these values and using hotkeyset() to call a secondary function I'm trying to write called _hotkeytrapper().

How do I get what hotkeys were/are being pressed so I can query that combo in the reg to do a run() on the assigned value?

EDIT: This wouldn't be a issue if we could pass function calls with params with hotkeyset() :) Then I could do some thing like this:

hotkeyset($skey, run($scommand))

TIA

Edited by sshrum

Sean Shrum :: http://www.shrum.net

All my published AU3-based apps and utilities

'Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot'

I'm writing a registry of hotkeys and setting the value to the command that I want it to run like this:

!^#a=c:\some\command\likethis.exe

I'm doing it this way so the user will have the ability to "go nuts" and create as many hotkeys as they want, including the ability to define multiple hotkeys for the same function (if they want).

I'm using RegEnum to go thru the registry key where I'm storing these values and using hotkeyset() to call a secondary function I'm trying to write called _hotkeytrapper().

How do I get what hotkeys were/are being pressed so I can query that combo in the reg to do a run() on the assigned value?

EDIT: This wouldn't be a issue if we could pass function calls with params with hotkeyset() :) Then I could do some thing like this:

hotkeyset($skey, run($scommand))

TIA

See the link in my signature for having parameters with HotKeys and OnEvents
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.