Copy files from many folders to one folder

Hi guys,

I know that Robocopy and Xcopy can recursively search for file masks (*.jpg) and copy them to another folder but they keep the directory structure. Is there any script that anyone knows of that does this with just copying the files to one folder sans folder structure? Example: All .jpg's from C:\folderswithpics\folder1 to c:\pictures Thanks!!!

-redfive

Hi guys,

I know that Robocopy and Xcopy can recursively search for file masks (*.jpg) and copy them to another folder but they keep the directory structure. Is there any script that anyone knows of that does this with just copying the files to one folder sans folder structure? Example: All .jpg's from C:\folderswithpics\folder1 to c:\pictures Thanks!!!

-redfive

You can do this in AutoIt with _FileListToArray() or FileFindFirstFile()/FileFindNextFile(), and FileCopy().
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

Hi!

You can do a little batch, like this:

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%i in ('dir C:\sourceroot /AD /s /b') DO XCOPY "%%i\*.jpg" C:\destdoss /Y

Where:

source-root-folder is C:\sourceroot

destination folder is C:\destdoss

pattern files is *.jpg

If you use the command directly (without Batch), replace all %% by %