multi purpose script - help please!

i do a lot of charity work, and i just had a stroke on May 4, and came home from the hospital last week. I've been saddled making a script for MOW, would some of you please help me out with snippets? I'm working on it but apparently I'm ultra-slow. Help a cripple out please.

Requirements for Delivery Profile Script

Check if 'novanet' user exists. If it does either delete it or update it.

Create 'novanet' hidden administrative user with password 'Novanet'.

Check if user delivery exists and either delete or update if it exists. Create limited user 'delivery' with no password. This needs to be the default logon user. If you restart machine, it logs on as the 'delivery' user. Limitations for delivery user:

Cannot install apps

Hide logmein icon

Hide speaker volume icon

Can only navigate to certain sites but this limitation needs to only apply to this user and needs to be updateable so we can add other URLs in the future through remote access.

Create administrative user 'mealsonwheels' with password 'fresh'. Note that this user is NOT hidden. Check if this user exists before creating. If it does DO NOT UPDATE and DO NOT CREATE.

Set power settings to always on for everything and disable hibernation.

Disable screen saver.

i do a lot of charity work, and i just had a stroke on May 4, and came home from the hospital last week. I've been saddled making a script for MOW, would some of you please help me out with snippets? I'm working on it but apparently I'm ultra-slow. Help a cripple out please.

I am sympathetic to the situation you describe, but I don't feel sorry for you. This site is not about writing scripts for you, it's about helping you learn to write your own. If you have new challenges to being able to do that, that only makes it more important that you learn to do it. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, it's not meant to be.

Requirements for Delivery Profile Script

Check if 'novanet' user exists. If it does either delete it or update it.

Create 'novanet' hidden administrative user with password 'Novanet'.

Check if user delivery exists and either delete or update if it exists. Create limited user 'delivery' with no password.

This can be done either with the command lines "NET USER" and "NET LOCALGROUP", or with WMI. Are you already comfortable with WMI or do you intend to Run() some command lines?

This needs to be the default logon user. If you restart machine, it logs on as the 'delivery' user.

This is just some registry entries in WinLogon (AutoAdminLogon, etc.). Have your read up on AutoAdminLogon, and do you know how to use AutoIt's registry functions?

Limitations for delivery user:

Cannot install apps

Hide logmein icon

Hide speaker volume icon

Can only navigate to certain sites but this limitation needs to only apply to this user and needs to be updateable so we can add other URLs in the future through remote access.

These are policy settings, you'll need to research setting local security policies, and possibly learn to use the IE Admin Kit (IEAK) to control browser policies. A lot of the work in that area is in an Active Directory Domain context, so you'll have to dig some for what can be done locally.

Create administrative user 'mealsonwheels' with password 'fresh'. Note that this user is NOT hidden. Check if this user exists before creating. If it does DO NOT UPDATE and DO NOT CREATE.

Again, just local user admin with either the command line or WMI.

Set power settings to always on for everything and disable hibernation.

Disable screen saver.

Again, just registry settings to research.

Break it into steps and start coding. Don't be shy about asking more specific questions.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law