[Resolved] FileCreateShortcut

Hi! I checked the help file as always and in the forums but perhaps I don't know the right term and that's why nothing is coming up. My script is this:

FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptDir & "\z- startup MOB bkp.au3", @StartMenuDir & "\Programs\Startup\MOB bkp.lnk")
Because an AI script is giving better results than a simple shortcut link to the EXE, that's why the shortcut is naturally showing an AI icon.

Without changing it manually afterwards, is there a way for AutoIt to dump the icon's path into the icon part of the created shortcut? Or whatever else does the job of putting in a different icon into the shortcut?

Thx. :P

Edited by Diana (Cda)

As read from the Help File

FileCreateShortcut ( "file", "lnk" [, "workdir" [, "args" [, "desc" [, "icon" [, "hotkey" [, icon number [, state]]]]]]] )

"icon" = [optional] Full Path/File name of icon to use.

icon number = [optional] The icon instance to use (usually 0)

As read from the Help File

FileCreateShortcut ( "file", "lnk" [, "workdir" [, "args" [, "desc" [, "icon" [, "hotkey" [, icon number [, state]]]]]]] )

"icon" = [optional] Full Path/File name of icon to use.

icon number = [optional] The icon instance to use (usually 0)

Hot damn, it finally really clicked in what this type of thing really means, placeholders to skip over unnecessary parts <g>: "", "", "

Darn, took me long enough.

Well, I see that I was totally doing the wrong type of search in the help file. That'll teach me. Anyway, now I know how to make a complete shortcut.

How cool is that! My script has been modified to:

FileCreateShortcut(@ScriptDir & "\z- startup MOB bkp.au3", @StartMenuDir & "\Programs\Startup\MOB bkp.lnk", "", "", "", @ScriptDir & "\MOB icon.ico")

Thanks! :P