Another Inter Script communication

ChrisL

Yeah that's what i ended up doing, just thought maybe there was an easier way I was missing.

Thanks for the reply though, I think I'll play with your idea later on :P

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to playing with this I'm googling but I can't find anything about the data type or 0x4?

Does anyone have any links?

Thanks,

Kenny

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

Finally got around to playing with this I'm googling but I can't find anything about the data type or 0x4?

Does anyone have any links?

Thanks,

Kenny

Data type for what?

I assume that by 0x4 you mean WM_COPYDATA, but you can google that and look at the msdn link.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• 1 year later...

It seems that this UDF is pretty slow. I used it in sending filename from copy script. And when test at localhost messages where inserting one-by-one to log after copy is over. What's the "top" avaible speed of sending and recieving messages? At my PC it seems like 5-10pcs a second...

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I  have an idea of a kind of Message Queuing, and want to explore it, but I had no time yet. The idea is simple, we need a program that allows me to type a message, and the message is stored in a file (it can be ordered, reordered, and erased.... within the file) And a special Key file that works as an indicator there is a new message to be delivered. or read. So it works like this: Program 1 open a box where a message is typed: Program 1 stores the message in a file (it can reside on a server on the private network, but it can be arranged to work in a file stored in Internet Browser via FTP, but that is another instance...) ::  Program 1 sets the file switch to ON (millions ways to do it) :: Reader Program (running in another machine, maybe in this one, why not?) wakes up from sleep to scan the Switch file :: Program 2 see the Switch set to ON and then scans the Messages file for the latest messages (or all messages) in the Message File :: Program 2 Opens a Box to tell user there is a message, and the contents is displayed :: Program 2 can be closed, but it can open automatically unless you clear the condition::  Command in Program2 clear condition, Switch is set to OFF so it won't come back again till next Switch ON condition arises.

• Moderators

@MisterVSE please do not resurrect old threads, especially to do no more than state that you thought of something similar but haven't put any effort into it.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

true that, and writing it to a file then someone else reading it out is not IPC in the least, its the rube goldberg machine you build when you have no means of IPC.

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)