Sending Commands to Remote Desktop Window

sandeepg

Maybe post some sample code showing what you are you trying to do.

Send, MouseMove, MouseClick, MouseClickDrag and pixel functions should work on the remote desktop window. Navigating with ALT+ commands is helpful too, or other windows shortcuts if you have them enabled.

If you need to run a script on the remote machine, you'll have to copy it somewhere accessible and kick it off there. eg: psexec -i -d -u username -p pass \\remotepc C:\path\to\exe\on\remote\pc\file.exe

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar question. I've made a script to open RDC and connect, but it stops there. After connecting, I'd like to open Active Directory, do a bunch of stuff, then close Active Directory, and log off the remote machine.

I've pretty much gotten the hang of things when running local scripts. If someone could point me in the right direction for controlling the remote computer through RDC via a script on the local workstation, that'd be great!

I have a similar question. I've made a script to open RDC and connect, but it stops there. After connecting, I'd like to open Active Directory, do a bunch of stuff, then close Active Directory, and log off the remote machine.

I've pretty much gotten the hang of things when running local scripts. If someone could point me in the right direction for controlling the remote computer through RDC via a script on the local workstation, that'd be great!

Well, for the moment I don't need this. I discovered that Microsoft makes a program that lets you administer the server from your desktop...who knew? Now I'll just have the scripts control that instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, for the moment I don't need this. I discovered that Microsoft makes a program that lets you administer the server from your desktop...who knew? Now I'll just have the scripts control that instead.

Hello sb1920alk

Can you tell me what that program is and where can I find it??

Thanks in advance.

the123punch

Hello sb1920alk

Can you tell me what that program is and where can I find it??

Thanks in advance.

the123punch

Sure, there's two versions. If you download the wrong one, you won't have the Dial In tab on the user property dialogue. The install file I have is WindowsServer2003-KB304718-AdministrationToolsPack.exe...I don't remember the download page, but after a quick google search I'm pretty sure it's http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

The only thing I haven't been able to get it to do (trivially) is show me who's connected via VPN (routing and remote access). This admin pack doesn't come with rrasmgmt.msc, but you can still get to the proper view using computer management and connecting to the VPN server....however, it doesn't automatically recognize your credentials and you have to re-enter them. I also tried copying rrasmgmt.msc from the VPN server (a Windows 2000 server) to my workstation (Windows XP SP2), but it didn't make any difference...I still have to re-enter my credentials every time I open it. It works correctly from the local or remote console of the VPN server....or any of the Windows 2000 servers.

I don't want to hijack this thread...maybe I'll start a new one if I can't figure this out. I'd like to be able to return an array of the users who are connected to the VPN server. What options are there that don't require using rrasmgmt.msc or similar?