Problems With Checkboxes

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I searched the forum and found this which said to fill in the text field....

NEW QUESTION: Why is the text field necessary for checkboxes???

======ignore=================

Has anyone had success with Check, UnCheck, and IsChecked control commands??

I cannot find any checkboxes on which ControlCommand("title", "text", "classnameNN", "Check", "") has any affect. :whistle: As far as I can tell, the checkboxes I want are the "normal" versions of the control.

Sample script that attempts to choose Landscape orientation in Notepad's Print Setup dialog.

Run("notepad")
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")
WinMenuSelectItem("","", "&File", "Page Set&up...")
WinWaitActive("Page Setup")

MsgBox(4096,"","Try ControlCommand...");doesn't work
ControlCommand("","", "Button4", "Check", "")

MsgBox(4096,"","Try ControlSend...")   ;doesn't work
ControlSend("Page Setup","", "Button4", "{+}")

MsgBox(4096,"","Try ControlLeftClick...") ;works!
ControlLeftClick("Page Setup","", "Button4")

Windows XP sp1, with AutoIt 3.0.91 and 3.0.92

Also, with AutoIt 3.0.92, ControlLeftClick("Page Setup","", "L&anscape") fails. Is this because the control is within a frame?

===========ignore=======

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Why is the text field necessary for checkboxes

Can't say for sure, but perhaps it addresses the problem of non-standard checkboxes. I know I didn't try that as an option when I coded the workaround :whistle: .. I'll feedback here when I've had a chance to try the text parameter on those weird checkboxes.

For what it's worth, the AutoIt spy thingy says all the checkboxes I was trying were "Button" class. (Larry's said commandControl should work with these)

I also know checkboxes in Visual Basic 6 forms tend to be class "ThunderRT6CheckBox" or "ThunderRT6OptionButton"

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Ok ... my weird "checkboxes" are actually subclassed listitems in a SysListView321 control .. which explains my mystery. So I guess even the text parameter won't help in this scenario, and I'll have to stick with my workaround :whistle:

If anyone has Mcaffee installed .. run the mcconsol.exe, and see the Tools > Edit AutoUpdate Repository List dialog.

We'd probably have the same sort of hassle with ListBoxes that have the checkbox style set (I think VB's Project > References is one of these)