check if there is text in .ini variable

ok what I"m trying to do is write a script that should read the .ini which will have 0-100 + variables to look at and if its not blank use the script to create .mpq's untill it hits blank.

so it would be something like this.

classic1=

classic2=... up to 50

xpac1=

xpac2=... up to 50

ofcourse other variables will be in the .ini but these are the main I"m tryin to get code for >.<

the script will open, look in the .ini find out if classic1=/xpac1= are blank or not, if not then start program and do the rest the stuff required which I'm sure I can write that part.

Edited by silvermice

silvermice

IniRead()
IniReadSection()
ok I obviously lied >.< that in itself isn't enough for me to figure out what i need to do and I think I explained it a bit off heres best/better explination I can give.

idk which is easier 1 or 2 ini's text'd or non but either will work:

like 1 ini for classic 1 ini for xpac all blank ini's and it reads line by line sending it all to a textfield

it would look like this:

open prog,

read the ini(s)

click

send ini variable ( .mpq file name ) ( this is not a key its a file name.mpq this also has to have preffix like name1.mpq, name2.mpq on each intervul ) maybe starting from designated number?

send ini variable ( owner name )

tab

send classic1

tab

send xpac1

enter

then repeat updating classic/xpac/name#.mpq raising each time by 1 and if could start designated number on the .mpq's would be a + ty much for any help you can give

( I can generally peice stuff together fairly well and get it working but I don't actually know or really know much of any coding and or autoit 3 :| I'm trying to get in to it as you can see ;) but I'm not the best self learner )