Webcam Sound

dburner

How can I capure sound from a webcam and save it to mp3 or wav format or send it with tcp/udp just like a live stream.

Just my 2c worth: others are more likely to post a more complete solution based upon their actual experience of this.

First find the DLL used by the webcam driver package, and use DLL call(look in help file of Scite) to collect the stream for diverting to your webserver.

Expect to be using the FTP.au3 include file - search for forum for details of this as it is VERY handy - to send the stream over tcp/udp.

2nd, look at the media player extentions (or add-ons/plugins) as I know for XP there is one that is meant for this task so you can have your own internet radio station (have a search around the microsoft site - i would if i had the time).I dont recall if this is free or a purchase.

OR have a look at VLC media player for Ubuntu Linux which does audio and video stream re-direction (inc. DVD!) straight out of the box (apt-get install VLC).

I am looking at doing something similar for a bluetooth security system so feel free to PM me if your interested in collaboration.

All the best,

SIone

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.

Tanks but I was looking for a soulution for all webcams.

Seeing as there is no mention of any brand/make/model of webcam in your post, the reply above is aimed at ALL webcams.

There is NO magic solution, aside from the VLC stream re-direction available in VLC.

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.