Automating TeleVantage

sb1920alk

My office uses TeleVantage to administer our phone system. I wrote a script to create new users for me (ex: send ctrl+n, type extension...) that works much faster than I could do manually.

Question: After creating the account, I then have to (do a bunch of stuff) and come back and open the account dialogue box again. I didn't have any way to guarantee that I open the correct account because it's just a big alphabetical list. My current work around is to create the account with first name of "aaa" so that it will later be alphabetically first on the list and I can get to it, do what I need, then replace "aaa" with the correct first name as the final step.

What other options are used to get around road blocks like this?

My office uses TeleVantage to administer our phone system. I wrote a script to create new users for me (ex: send ctrl+n, type extension...) that works much faster than I could do manually.

Question: After creating the account, I then have to (do a bunch of stuff) and come back and open the account dialogue box again. I didn't have any way to guarantee that I open the correct account because it's just a big alphabetical list. My current work around is to create the account with first name of "aaa" so that it will later be alphabetically first on the list and I can get to it, do what I need, then replace "aaa" with the correct first name as the final step.

What other options are used to get around road blocks like this?

Examine the window and the controls on it with AU3Info.exe (the AutoIt Window Info Tool) to see what kind of control this "big alphabetical list" is. If it is something like SysListView32, then there are AutoIt function specifically for reading the columns and selecting items. For starters, check out ControlListView() in the help file.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Examine the window and the controls on it with AU3Info.exe (the AutoIt Window Info Tool) to see what kind of control this "big alphabetical list" is. If it is something like SysListView32, then there are AutoIt function specifically for reading the columns and selecting items. For starters, check out ControlListView() in the help file.

Will do.

Thanks.

Ok, it doesn't says SysListView32, it says ATL:038BD218. I made a mini script to test the syntax of ControlListView() on Active Directory, then edited it for TeleVantage. Well, it works well for Active Directory, but it doesn't work at all for TeleVantage. I guess I'll leave my placeholder scheme alone for TeleVantage, but ControlListView() will be perfect for my Active Directory scripts. Thanks.