Multiple sessions on same PC

stoli16

This is technically not an AutoIt question but I thought someone on this forum might have an answer or could point me in the right direction. I am using AutoIt to mine some data off certain web sites. Because of the specific interface to the sites, the data does not come over as html so I use AutoIt as a screen scraper of sorts using the clipboard as an intermediary. Does anyone know of any software product whereby you can run multiple windows sessions on the same PC, each with there own independent kb/mouse interface? The end result being that I could have 3 of my applications running at the same time on the same computer, each with there own individual kb/mouse and clipboard.

This is technically not an AutoIt question but I thought someone on this forum might have an answer or could point me in the right direction. I am using AutoIt to mine some data off certain web sites. Because of the specific interface to the sites, the data does not come over as html so I use AutoIt as a screen scraper of sorts using the clipboard as an intermediary. Does anyone know of any software product whereby you can run multiple windows sessions on the same PC, each with there own independent kb/mouse interface? The end result being that I could have 3 of my applications running at the same time on the same computer, each with there own individual kb/mouse and clipboard.

With the HTTP POST UDF, and IE UDF's why can you not pull the information you need? I've been able to scrape PHP/ASP/XML/DHTML lol not much I cannot pull.

If you write it properly, you can fork many different programs at the same time processing tons of lists and just pull sources, or IEBODY information, etc.

I had a similar project, when I was helping my company mirror their KB written in pure ASP. I had to find ways to use IEUDF and HTTPPOST UDF to send and receive information, and then pull from the BODY Tags and various other sources in the source of each returned page, etc, to get the values I needed. It was a rather long script (about 500 lines), but well worth it. So, I know it can be done.

If you need specific help, especially the type of website you are trying to pull from, etc, let us know, and we may be able to ponit you in the proper direction.

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Wish it were that easy! The information I need to get to is in an activeX control running in the browser so there is no HTTP Post going on in the communication. I can automate the browser up to the point of loading the page that the control is on and from there, all the back and forth is within the control (the html source never changes). I think there is a java applet interface as well, but same deal - the only way I know of getting the data is to copy the control's interface screen to the clipboard. Works great, but I'm limited to one per computer.