Reading a line in file question

I know how to find open and read the line in a file. What I need to know is how in that line, do I have it look for a a certain word/phrase to get the numbers after the word/phrase. Like for example:

Line 52: blah blah is 20 and blah blah is 30 health is 40

I need for it to look for the phrase "health is" and then input the number after which i will set as a variable for other parts of the script.

So find the keyword/phrase and read the 2 or 3 digits after it.

I know how to find open and read the line in a file. What I need to know is how in that line, do I have it look for a a certain word/phrase to get the numbers after the word/phrase. Like for example:

Line 52: blah blah is 20 and blah blah is 30 health is 40

I need for it to look for the phrase "health is" and then input the number after which i will set as a variable for other parts of the script.

So find the keyword/phrase and read the 2 or 3 digits after it.

StringRegExp() would be shortest and quickest, but requires some geekiness to code the pattern.

You could also find the location with StringInStr() and then extract the text with StringMid().

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I cant seem to figure this out. Ok heres what I have"

$file = FileOpen("C:\Documents and Settings\Dean\Desktop\Canvas.aspx_files\render.htm", 0)
If $file = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf
$line = FileReadLine($file, 52)

Which will open this line

</td><td style="padding-left: 4px; padding-right: 4px; color: white; font-size: 11px;">Health: 80/100</td><td

[Above is just snippet of line total size of line is around 20x that half in front and half behind snippet]

You see the Health: 80/100 in the line I want it to extract the 80 or what ever number that may be (will change constantly). Then I can save that result as a var for future use.

Could someone throw together something I could work with for that.

Thx in advance

I cant seem to figure this out. Ok heres what I have"

$file = FileOpen("C:\Documents and Settings\Dean\Desktop\Canvas.aspx_files\render.htm", 0)
If $file = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
    Exit
EndIf
$line = FileReadLine($file, 52)

Which will open this line

</td><td style="padding-left: 4px; padding-right: 4px; color: white; font-size: 11px;">Health: 80/100</td><td

[Above is just snippet of line total size of line is around 20x that half in front and half behind snippet]

You see the Health: 80/100 in the line I want it to extract the 80 or what ever number that may be (will change constantly). Then I can save that result as a var for future use.

Could someone throw together something I could work with for that.

Thx in advance

Although there is a steep learning curve when you first try regular expressions, they are very quick and efficient for this kind of thing:
#include <Array.au3>

$sString = '</td><td style="padding-left: 4px; padding-right: 4px; color: white; font-size: 11px;">Health: 80/100</td><td>'

$avRET = StringRegExp($sString, "(?:Health: )(\d+/\d+)", 3)
If IsArray($avRET) Then
    _ArrayDisplay($avRET, "Result")
Else
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "RegExp pattern found no match.")
EndIf

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law