Does what I want to do require array knowledge?

What I'm wanting to do is have a window pop up and have a spanish word, have an input box and have the user (me) input the english version of that word. I can do this one at a time with help from the "help file" (who would have guessed) but if I have like 50 vocab words I really dont want to input all the code for that. So if I inputted the spanish and english words in 2 different documents (or 2 columns would be great in excel or works) is array what I would need to pull spanish word #1 and match it with english word #1?

thanks mucho (lol)

What I'm wanting to do is have a window pop up and have a spanish word, have an input box and have the user (me) input the english version of that word. I can do this one at a time with help from the "help file" (who would have guessed) but if I have like 50 vocab words I really dont want to input all the code for that. So if I inputted the spanish and english words in 2 different documents (or 2 columns would be great in excel or works) is array what I would need to pull spanish word #1 and match it with english word #1?

thanks mucho (lol)

you could put them in 2 sections of an .ini file and then use a for loop something like this.

dim $english[50]

dim $spanish[50]

for ($i = 0 to 49 step 1)

$spanish[$i] = iniread("englishspan.ini", "1", $i)

$english[$i] = iniread("englishspan.ini", "2", $i)

next

global $warming = true

• 3 weeks later...

Any info on how to make a .ini? I have no clue ha ha here I come google

Ini files are set up:

CODE
[section]

Key=Value

But you could also do a StringSplit():

$String = StringSplit("Mucho|Gracias|De Nada", "|")

It's return is the different phrases as a part of the array. So then your variables are already declared and you don't need an .ini. It's just word one would be $String[1]($String[0] is the number of phrases).

Edited by Minikori

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com