Looking for a book

hey guys,

i've been using AutoIt for a couple of years for a lot of basic scripting, mostly relating to "bots" for games and a few other assorted uses. i've found myself becoming increasingly interested in AutoIt, and started skimming the surface of GUI scripting.

i was wondering if anybody could recommend a book that i might purchase that goes through all of the basics and the more advanced commands, also providing examples of how each could be used and potential applications.

cheers =)

hey guys,

i've been using AutoIt for a couple of years for a lot of basic scripting, mostly relating to "bots" for games and a few other assorted uses. i've found myself becoming increasingly interested in AutoIt, and started skimming the surface of GUI scripting.

i was wondering if anybody could recommend a book that i might purchase that goes through all of the basics and the more advanced commands, also providing examples of how each could be used and potential applications.

cheers =)

The best book for AutoIt is the one I have on my laptop. It does everything you've asked for and I'll be happy to negotiate a favorable price for it. It's called "AuotIt Help". :P

Then there's Valuater's "Welcome to AutoIt-1-2-3" in the sticky in Example Scripts.

Then there's the Examples posted.

Then there's the forums and the SEARCH facilities.

I'm learning AutoIt by reading the help, and reading hundreds of posts. I think anyone who spends money buying a book for AutoIt is probably someone with too much money.(assuminmg there is such a book.)

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.