Help needed: Move cursor to text and click...

Guest MrScary

Guest MrScary

Hi All,

AutoIt neophyte here. o:)

I've used this fine tool for some very basic automated mouse/window interactions in the past. Here's my new dilemma for which I need a more robust solution:

I've got a web-based system status page which auto-refreshes at a certain rate. There is specific text that I'm interested in which can change location when the page refreshes.

What I need to be able to do is find the text (which is a hyperlink), then either focus to it and send enter or resolve the screen X,Y position of the text/link, move the cursor to it, and click.

Basic Sends and Mouse functions I'm familiar with, but using the two in tandem has me at a loss. :lmao:

Any assistance is greatly appreciated and thanks for your time.

Regards,

MrScary

Hi,

When the page has only one hyperlink on it you can try to use InetGet and then search the downloaded file for the link to open it ?

InetGet("http://www.autoitscript.com", "C:\mydownload.htm", 1)

Andre

What about Windows without using AutoIt ?It would be the same as driving a car without an steering Wheel!

Guest MrScary

~80% of the text on the page are hyperlinks.

My apologies for not making this clear. It's 1 or 2 specific links which are of interest.

Regards,

MrScary

Hi..

i think the easiest and reliablest way would be to download the *.htm file (with InetGet) and the search the file for the Hyperlink (or text) you need. And then take the new found link, and get the new page, again with INetGet..

hope i could help,

Domonoky

that may not work if the text changes, maybe you could count the links then get the page or something?

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]