Error 285 when using DDE

Marc

Hi,

I am trying to automate several things in Peregrine Service Center 6.1.5.0 using my beloved AutoIt.

Works like a blast, but every time I try to read a value of a field which is simply empty, I get an error message saying "Error number 285 - other application does not execute DDE Method or -Operation".

Trying to read another ticket (where the desired value has already been set) works fine.

Tried to avoid the problem by using an COM error handler, but to no avail. The error occurs before the error can be caught.

Since I am trying to create a warning sign if a specific field is empty, it is quite important for me to avoid this.

Are there any chances to prevent the error instead of checking the pixel colors (to chech whether the value is set or not)?

Best regards,

Marc

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am sorry for the very very very late answer...

After one week without any answer I used the workaround of analyzing the colors and forgot this tread. :P

Since I've been fired from my old job, this problem does not concern me anymore.

Anyway, to access the Peregrine Service Center, I use the following method:

$oSC = ObjCreate("ServiceCenter.Application") ; get the object handle

$oSC.SetValue("by.check.sla2", "0") ; First Solution Rate unchecked
$oSC.SetValue("by.contact.language", "German") ; set german language for the customer
$email = $oSC.GetValue("contact.email")
$oSC.SetValue("severity", "5 - Service Request") 
$oSC.SetValue("contact.name", "xxx")
$x = $oSC.GetValue("action/action") ; get text of actions
$oSC.SetValue("brief.description", $x)
$oSC.SetValue("by.impairment", "No")
$oSC.SetValue("site.category", "Single User")
$oSC.SetValue("severity.code", "5 - Service Request")
$oSC.SetValue("priority.code", "5")

To get the names of the different values, you can set Service Center into the debug mode (using the little bug icon in the upper left corner) and set options to display a window frame on the right side, containing the properties. There you can find all names and data types.

Hope this helps someone :unsure:

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)