Quick Notepad

Lazycat

Inspired by this great program which I use long time, this thread and because I was a bit bored last couple days, I tried to reach Autoit limits and made this thing. Don't know if I will be continue this, but this was good fun :lmao:

This would be much more interesting, when Holger's tray menu stuff will be done. Also it's lacks rtf features. But now here:

- unlimited (in theory) pages

- adding/renaming/deleting pages

- save cursor position for every page

- autosave feature

- autohide feature

- transparency (Win2k/XP)

- smooth fade in/out (Win2k/XP)

- setting hotkey from GUI (default - Scroll Lock)

qnotes.au3

Gui_Message.au3

Edited by Lazycat

nice work LazyCat! but does anyone get that "lag" effect when using transparent windows?? i do :lmao: and for the include file, if u want the include in the same directory as the script, just use #include "Gui_Message.au3" with quotes and not with <>

FootbaG

when i made my notes program i was a newbie, this one looks way cooler

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

@ALL

Thanks!

I did notice one thing, if you are interested in comments, the new pages can't contain spaces. Not that it's necessary, just thought you might like to know.

Yes, I know about it, but I was too lazy :lmao: I used StringIsAlNum for checking name, because this name is also filename for note, but this function not allow spaces, so need additionally checking. I will add it in next version.

@ALL

Thanks!

Yes, I know about it, but I was too lazy o:) I used StringIsAlNum for checking name, because this name is also filename for note, but this function not allow spaces, so need additionally checking. I will add it in next version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm Lazycat being lazy.... I wonder why :lmao:

hehe just kidding, anyways its a great little script. Reminds me of sticky on the macs at school.

Edited by killaz219

isn't there another notes program that has functions like this somewhere around here?

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Hmm Lazycat being lazy.... I wonder why  :lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He-he, I was sure that someone will see that :)

isn't there another notes program that has functions like this somewhere around here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right, and links to such prog and your script in the first post. This was made just for fun. Also this show abilities of Autoit, and this was really easy programming, it spent only about 4 hours and another two for hotkey set function o:) If not usefull, this can be just good (I hope) GUI example.

when i made mine i just wanted to learn how to do things like this, i was so proud of myself when i finally got it working.