Script to automatically archive files over 50MB?

StOnge

Hi. I've searched on these forums for awhile now, and haven't found any threads that answer a question quite like mine. If something like this inquiry has been posted before, then I apologize.

I was wondering if there is a way to write a script that will automatically archive (using WinRAR or WinZip) files in a directory that are over 50MB. For example, have a script scan a folder until it sees a file over 50MB, then launch WinRAR, archive that file, and then continue to scan until it comes across another file greater than 50MB, archive it, etc.

My experience with AutoIT is limited, and this task is beyond my skill with scripting. Any leads or help would be very much appreciated.

Let me know if additional information concerning my question or situation is needed, and I will post it in this thread.

Thank you very much for your time, and thank you in advance for your help.

www.stonge.com

Hi. I've searched on these forums for awhile now, and haven't found any threads that answer a question quite like mine. If something like this inquiry has been posted before, then I apologize.

I was wondering if there is a way to write a script that will automatically archive (using WinRAR or WinZip) files in a directory that are over 50MB. For example, have a script scan a folder until it sees a file over 50MB, then launch WinRAR, archive that file, and then continue to scan until it comes across another file greater than 50MB, archive it, etc.

My experience with AutoIT is limited, and this task is beyond my skill with scripting. Any leads or help would be very much appreciated.

Let me know if additional information concerning my question or situation is needed, and I will post it in this thread.

Thank you very much for your time, and thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

First use Zip udf in pure autoit in exemple script forum and filegetsize

Simple example

if filegetsize("file")>50000 then
archive()
endif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First use Zip udf in pure autoit in exemple script forum and filegetsize

Simple example

if filegetsize("file")>50000 then
archive()
endif
Does that imply that I know the name of the file? What I would ideally like to do (not sure if this is possible) is have the script scan an entire drive and archive every file over 50MB.

www.stonge.com