STDOUT & STDERR problems with latest autoit version

JDaus

Hi all ...

I have had a few scripts working with earlier versions of autoit, but when i installed the latest version and compiled the scripts, all stdout & sdterr reading stopped (not sure about stdin, as i cannot see output)

one of my scripts is on the forums (here STDOUT & STDERR from plink.exe)

has anyone else had these problems ... i have spent days trying to find the problem, and it just eludes me ...

ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...don't ask, and remain a fool for life__JD - YTS | VNC2Me - Secure remote Desktop Support Solutions

As you can see here the behaviour of StdoutRead(), StderrRead(), StdinWrite() and ConsoleRead() have been changed to work in a non-blocking way. If you want to convert them you need to use a loop to get all data. Otherwise you might consider download a old version, compile the script then move on.

Edited by monoceres

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

As you can see here the behaviour of StdoutRead(), StderrRead(), StdinWrite() and ConsoleRead() have been changed to work in a non-blocking way. If you want to convert them you need to use a loop to get all data. Otherwise you might consider download a old version, compile the script then move on.

thanks monoceres for the link and info, but i already use while loops to "peek" at the data and read if data exists ...

after further investigation, i have found that the problem is the if statement that i use to "peek" at the data ... this doesn't work with the new way of reading and writing ... i have found a new way of doing it ... now to just implement in VNC2Me ...

ask a silly question and remain a fool for 5 minutes...don't ask, and remain a fool for life__JD - YTS | VNC2Me - Secure remote Desktop Support Solutions