How to make a stand alone *.exe

i have a small soft which was skinned very beautifull by Ezskin 1-2-3 but i don't like i have to copy both *.exe and ezskin folder. i want my *.exe can still be skinned without ezskin folder. And i also want to ask, if i want to skin my gui with Blue Vista what should i do?

Edited by LeHuynhNam

4m848p10.gif 

Hi there,

Maybe an installer... or include all necessary files in the script.

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

• Moderators

Any Help?

Maybe you should take the advice of your floating pic in your signature (Follow the forum rules... Don't bump a post from your last post within 24 hours).

Edit:

The bottom line:

I believe Valuaters EzSkin funcs rely on the images to be on the hard disk. Having said that, I'm not sure you can use a resource method to store your images, which means you have two choices.

1. FileInstall all your pics for your program when you compile (If you can't figure out how to use this, I'm surprised you were able to use EzSkin).

2. Do as the others suggest and use an installer and just package your files with the necessary images in the right directories.

A tool that may help you package up your images within your script:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=34805&hl=

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

sorry! i promise i'll never do like that, Thanks for remind me!

I'm a newbie and also learner of english, i can't understand all not much. So can u give me the code to do this! such as an example scripts. So i can learn from it

This is an example of FileInstall()

FileInstall("C:\Picture1.jpg",@TempDir & "\Backgroud.jpg")

When you compile your script Picture1.jpg will be embed in your script.

If you run your compile script the Picture1.jpg from your script will be extracted in temp dir and you'll have Background.jpg, a picture that you can use what you want.

It is not very complicated, see the SmOke_N link above if you don't undersand, but in help file is described very well FileInstall function.

When the words fail... music speaks.

no, i know FileInstall() function, but i mean how can i do to skin my gui. In this case i use Ezskin to skin my gui but i always have to put my *.exe in the same directory with Ezskin Folder. I want to skin my gui without skin folder using FileInstall(). And i don't know how to do it?

4m848p10.gif 

• Moderators

no, i know FileInstall() function, but i mean how can i do to skin my gui. In this case i use Ezskin to skin my gui but i always have to put my *.exe in the same directory with Ezskin Folder. I want to skin my gui without skin folder using FileInstall(). And i don't know how to do it?

I've answered this question. You'll have to test (on your own) if you are able to compile your images as resources, then if you are able to load those images from memory and use them in Ezskin.

I doubt seriously Valuater (the creator of Ezskin) has the option to do this with his function (considering that the resource option is much newer than Ezskin)... As much as I doubt anyone will do the work or provide you with step by step detail on how to possibly achieve it...

I would think you would have to re-write all the Ezskin functions to accept memory addresses or hard drive locations.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I've answered this question. You'll have to test (on your own) if you are able to compile your images as resources, then if you are able to load those images from memory and use them in Ezskin.

I doubt seriously Valuater (the creator of Ezskin) has the option to do this with his function (considering that the resource option is much newer than Ezskin)... As much as I doubt anyone will do the work or provide you with step by step detail on how to possibly achieve it...

I would think you would have to re-write all the Ezskin functions to accept memory addresses or hard drive locations.

Can u give me an example script which will be compliled with skin and no skin folder! i don't understand not much! I can compile my scripts with an icon or a picture with FileInstall() but i don't know when i use FileInstall() for EzSkin files and deleted my skin folder it doesn't work! Can u show me more clearly?

4m848p10.gif 

• Moderators

Can u give me an example script which will be compliled with skin and no skin folder! i don't understand not much! I can compile my scripts with an icon or a picture with FileInstall() but i don't know when i use FileInstall() for EzSkin files and deleted my skin folder it doesn't work! Can u show me more clearly?

Did u mean i rewrite the EzSkin.au3?

Yes, he did.

I think it's possible what you want but it's not such simple as you think.

Look at my resource UDF

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51103

With this UDF you can embed/use pictures into/from AutoIt's EXE file.

If you use resource UDF you must rewrite EzSkin.au3.

Edited by Zedna

I'm glad you like EzSkin

As I have been asked numerous times..

The EzSkin Location is hard coded, however, this may changed very easily.

just look at line # 698 you will see... (or just search for @ScriptDir)

Global $213A908B3713BB99 = @ScriptDir & $213AE08D5A13BB99

You may change this @ScriptDir to any folder/location you wish.

You should not make any other changes.. just the folder location

8)

As for FileInstall() you can use the Installer that SmOke_N made AFAIK I have also used a zip file to include numerous files before

I hope, this helps, but I will not re-write the code

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I'm glad you like EzSkin

As for FileInstall() you can use the Installer that SmOke_N made AFAIK I have also used a zip file to include numerous files before

I hope, this helps, but I will not re-write the code

8)

Thank you so much! i did it! I changed @scriptdir to @tempdir and i will use FileInstall() to install Ezskin folder with file to @tempdir and then use it! so i can have Stand Alone *.exe, isn't it?

4m848p10.gif 

• 5 weeks later...

I answered this before

As I have been asked numerous times..

The EzSkin Location is hard coded, however, this may changed very easily.

just look at line # 698 you will see... (or just search for @ScriptDir)

Global $213A908B3713BB99 = @ScriptDir & $213AE08D5A13BB99

You may change this @ScriptDir to any folder/location you wish.

You should not make any other changes.. just the folder location

... you can place XSkin stuff in there too!

2 use this from Smoke to install all the files

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=34805&hl=

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png