WinTray v1.6

rasim

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh this doesn't work if the program is enabled to minimise to the task bar like iTunes or Windows Media Player :)

@rasim

First version is very awesome !

I see that everyone have good ideas for new version :) Im waiting for it, good work.

Edit : you can use Minimize by SaphuA for Regroup all window in a tray o:)

Edited by FireFox

monoceres

I have two feature requests as well :)

- Grouping of similar windows (I usually have 2-3 instances of Visual Studio running, would be great if they only used onbe icon in the tray) :)

Yes, I was think about this o:)

monoceres

- I know you're not on a vista machine, but could you at least consider adding so when you hover the tray icon a thumbnail shows up? Link is here. I guess you could also do something similar on xp. Take a screenshot before it minimize and then display it in the thumbnail window. ;)

Hmm... good idea. I will try to realize this :mad:

JamesBrooks

For example, I minimized a Firefox download window and it stayed on 13%.

You mean the information which shows in the tooltip?

SaphuA

Would you have any problems with me implemenenting the same feature in Minime? Would you require to be credited in some way?

Friend, sources attached to the first post :mad:

JamesBrooks

Oh this doesn't work if the program is enabled to minimise to the task bar like iTunes or Windows Media Player

Sorry, I don't understand completely, what you mean?

FireFox

you can use Minimize by SaphuA for Regroup all window in a tray

OK, thanks for request :mad:

Sorry, I don't understand completely, what you mean?

Ok, let's say I minimze a Firefox download window which is on 56% and the title says (for example) "56% Download", when I minimize this window and hover over the icon created by your program, it will still say 56%. The tip needs to be updated every couple of seconds or so.

JamesBrooks

Ok, let's say I minimze a Firefox download window which is on 56% and the title says (for example) "56% Download", when I minimize this window and hover over the icon created by your program, it will still say 56%. The tip needs to be updated every couple of seconds or so.

I have asked not for this question. This is question the comprehensible :)

For this:

Oh this doesn't work if the program is enabled to minimise to the task bar like iTunes or Windows Media Player

:)

JamesBrooks

I have asked not for this question. This is question the comprehensible :)

For this:

o:)

@rasim,

You've made some mistake in english :

Line 11 : "WinTray already is running!"

you should write : "WinTray is already running!"

Line 262 : "Specail thanks to:"

you should write : "Special thanks to:"

Because It makes me...can't describe... :)

Edit 2 : For version 2.0 you could add checkbox fur run on start-up, I've already do it for mine ;)

Edited by FireFox

Oh right

Well let's say iTunes is configured to sit in the task bar, next to the system tray. If you use this program and hold shift while minimizing, it will still sit in the task bar and no icon will be shown in the system tray.

I think you mean something like this (Windows Media Player example):

Posted Image

And I'm looking forward for the changes :)

Neo

Edited by NeoFoX

[center][font="Arial"]--- The Neo and Only --- [/font][font="Arial"]--Projects---[/font]Image to Text converterText to ASCII converter[/center]

• 2 weeks later...

hi i know its not specifically linked to this but its sorta the same, could you make one or add a feature so that the same could be done with desktop icons?

Edited by FaT3oYCG

Interpreters have great power!Although they live in the shadow of compiled programming languages an interpreter can do anything that a compiled language can do, you just have to code it right.

Thanks for new version rasim.

I tested it also on WIN98 and it doesn't work on this OS.

Application

- run from EXE immediatelly quits

- run from AU3 has no tray icon and applications after minimize dissapear and no tray icon is created for them

Probably ModernMenu UDF is source of problems.

Thanks for new version rasim.

I tested it also on WIN98 and it doesn't work on this OS.

Application

- run from EXE immediatelly quits

- run from AU3 has no tray icon and applications after minimize dissapear and no tray icon is created for them

Probably ModernMenu UDF is source of problems.

Not to you Zedna (but please be modern :D)

I cant believe that people stay to windows 98 or their life has stopped since 10 years... :o

Its not faster for programs and like zedna said somethings doesnt work propely... :D

ModernMenu is an option here because its only for tray items but if you change it you wont have icons on trayitems :)

I stop speaking now.

Cheers, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

Not to you Zedna (but please be modern :D )

I cant believe that people stay to windows 98 or their life has stopped since 10 years... :o

Its not faster for programs and like zedna said somethings doesnt work propely... :D

ModernMenu is an option here because its only for tray items but if you change it you wont have icons on trayitems :)

I stop speaking now.

Cheers, FireFox.

I saw 'Tested on XP' on first page so I tested it also on my WIN98.

I didn't say it must be WIN9x compatible.

I know WIN98 is too old at these days but some older computers are still alive :-)

some older computers only have small hdd's and some old computers only need to do word processing and some old computers suck but who cares since there only going to be used for things like word processing i dont think they would have much use for this XD, anyway im not trying to talk down at anyone just stating a valid fact.

p.s. i love this app its great, its like my window hider but better XD

Interpreters have great power!Although they live in the shadow of compiled programming languages an interpreter can do anything that a compiled language can do, you just have to code it right.