Universal Installer

TheSaint

Universal Installer

This program lets you install contents of a 'Installer Creator' package or other type .zip file. If specified, it can create shortcuts and registry entries.

'Installer Creator' packages are zip files containing an instruction file for installing the rest of that zip file content. See my Installer Creator v2.5 program here.

This program when installed, also installs the Uninstaller that is used by the zip packages - for when you want to uninstall them.

Download from here.

Screenshots

Context Menu Option (right-click a .zip file)

Posted Image

Main Dialog

Posted Image

Installer Dialog

Posted Image

Creator Dialogs

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now while this program works perfectly with the packages created by Installer Creator, it can only deal well with simple zip file structures. In other words, it only looks at files and folders in the root of a zip file. While it can install these and any sub-folder content, it cannot create shortcuts or registry entries for any sub-folder content.

Check out the program's info dialog for step by step instructions on preparing a regular zip file for installing.

If you look at the top of TheSaint's Toolbox post, you will find that it mentions some of my programs are now available in the much smaller package format.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Universal Installer updated to v1.1

Because my Installer Creator is quite a complex program, I'd overlooked part of the cleanup routine in another section of code. This mean't, that after installing with Universal Installer, the unzipped folder & content remained behind in the user's temp folder. This has now been fixed, plus I've added the ability for the main window to stay open after an install - this is for when you select the zip files or install packages by browsing ... so that you can select another one, without having to restart the program.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 3 years later...

As per suggestion/request, here is the update & source for v1.2.

Universal Installer v1.2.zip

As always, see my Disclaimer here.

Hopefully all the dependencies are there, and please take note, that it was devised and built with AutoIt v3.2.4.9, so expect some issues with the latest AutoIt.

Anyway, I'm providing it because tes5884 is interested in maybe updating it ... suggest you maybe wait for that.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png