Why compiled script not working if delivery by altiris DS job

fale

I met a problem about autoit: i compiled some script to install large program(more than 400MB) which located in network place,

the compiled script can running well if i click to run from a computer but it failed to run if i use a altiris ds job to deploy it.

no any error message returned, the job status always show it is running but always not finished after several hours past.

who can help me?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forums!

I don't use Altiris, so I can't say how it compares to SMS or CA Unicenter.

However, one thing to check is the account used to deploy the program.

With Unicenter, the scripts are run as the local system account, which has no access to our SMB/CIFS shares.

The workarounds we use are either to make a manual connection (supply domain credentials to DriveMapAdd) or download the files from a web server (using InetGet)

If these suggestions don't solve your problem, you'll need to take a closer look at where the process is failing.

Problem connecting to server? File download issue? NTFS permissions? Free Space? etc...

Good luck!

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

Thanks!

After today's test, I find that it can be run if I modify altiris distribute software advanced option from "Copy file use deployment server then execute" to "Copy directly from file source then execute ". but i still not know why for this? the difference of two option should be speed of copy files.

Anyway, it is solved for temp.