having trouble with quotes on this one

gcue

im having trouble getting this command to work.. its definitely a quotes issue

trying to get quotes right around the "shutdown...... /st" and quotes around the $Guictrlread($message)

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c schtasks /create /s \\' & $asset & ' /Ru SYSTEM /sc once /tn Dashboard-Restart /tr "shutdown -r -f -t 300 -c ' & '"' & GUICtrlRead($message) & '"' & '" /st ' & GUICtrlRead($time), "", @SW_HIDE)

thanks

im having trouble getting this command to work.. its definitely a quotes issue

trying to get quotes right around the "shutdown...... /st" and quotes around the $Guictrlread($message)

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c schtasks /create /s \\' & $asset & ' /Ru SYSTEM /sc once /tn Dashboard-Restart /tr "shutdown -r -f -t 300 -c ' & '"' & GUICtrlRead($message) & '"' & '" /st ' & GUICtrlRead($time), "", @SW_HIDE)oÝ÷ ÚØZK?ªê-y«­¢+ØÀÌØíÍ=ÕÑÁÕÑQÍÐôÌäì½Í¡Ñͭ̽ÉѽÌÀäÈìÀäÈìÌäìµÀìÀÌØíÍÍеÀìÌäì½IÔMeMQ4½Í½¹½Ñ¸Í¡½ÉµIÍÑÉнÑÈÅÕ½ÐíÍ¡ÕѽݸµÈµµÐÌÀÀµÌäìµÀìÌäìÅÕ½ÐìÌäìµÀìU%
ÑɱI ÀÌØíµÍͤµÀìÌäìÅÕ½ÐìÌäìµÀìÌäìÅÕ½Ðì½ÍÐÌäìµÀìU%
ÑɱI ÀÌØíÑ¥µ

My first try would be verify this. Check this using ConsoleRead($sOutputTest) or MsgBox(0, 0, $sOutputTest).

• Developers

i think you have 2 closing doublequotes: GUICtrlRead($message) & '"' & '" /st '

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

yep

heres the command that works

schtasks /create /s \\d0075931 /Ru SYSTEM /sc once /tn dashboard-restart /tr "shutdown -r -f -t 9999 -c "eh"" /st 07:00:00

If that line works from the command line (including the doubled double quote) then it should run fine like this:
$sExtCmd = 'schtasks /create /s \\' & $asset & ' /Ru SYSTEM /sc once /tn dashboard-restart ' & _
        '/tr "shutdown -r -f -t 9999 -c "eh"" /st 07:00:00'
Run($sExtCmd, @TempDir)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

Just tried this version which worked for me:

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c schtasks /create /Ru SYSTEM /sc once /tn dashboard-restart /tr "shutdown -r -f -t 9999 -c "eh"" /st 07:00:00', "", @SW_HIDE)

It creates the same task when run from the CMD line. But both results have the doublequotes missing around eh when displaying it in the taskscheduler.

I cannot test doing this for a networked system.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

including both guictrlreads?

guictrlread($message) and guictrlread($time)

thats where im coming acrross probs

Sorry, forgot that part:
$sMsg = GUICtrlRead($message)
$sTime = GUICtrlRead($time)
$sExtCmd = 'schtasks /create /s \\' & $asset & ' /Ru SYSTEM /sc once /tn dashboard-restart ' & _
        '/tr "shutdown -r -f -t 9999 -c "' & $sMsg & '"" /st ' & GUICtrlRead($time)
ConsoleWrite("Debug: $sMsg = " & $sMsg & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("Debug: $sTime = " & $sTime & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("Debug: $sExtCmd = " & $sExtCmd & @LF)
Run($sExtCmd, @TempDir)

Included a debug display of the values for troubleshooting.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

no dice psalty =/

That's not a helpful description for further troubleshooting... What happened when you tried it? Post the console output.

Edited by PsaltyDS

hehe sorry.. how do i get the console output? never knew how to do that

i tried console read.. but not sure how to output

Run it from SciTE and ConsoleWrite() writes to the console pane at the bottom of the SciTE window.

Or, you could change the ConsoleWrite() functions to MsgBox() or even _FileWriteLog() to collect the debug info.

ooooo neaat!

Debug: $sMsg = I am restarting your machine because ____. Please call x___ for questions.

Debug: $sTime = 10:00:00

Debug: $sExtCmd = schtasks /create /s \\d0091119 /Ru SYSTEM /sc once /tn dashboard-restart /tr "shutdown -r -f -t 300 -c "I am restarting your machine because ____. Please call x___ for questions."" /st 10:00:00

i figured out that it doesnt like the spacing in the $sMsg.. bc if i take out the spaces it works...

hmm can i add the spaces at the end of the process??? or what else can i try?

thanks for your help with this fellas.

Edited by gcue

ooooo neaat!

Debug: $sMsg = I am restarting your machine because ____. Please call x___ for questions.

Debug: $sTime = 10:00:00

Debug: $sExtCmd = schtasks /create /s \\d0091119 /Ru SYSTEM /sc once /tn dashboard-restart /tr "shutdown -r -f -t 300 -c "I am restarting your machine because ____. Please call x___ for questions."" /st 10:00:00

i figured out that it doesnt like the spacing in the $sMsg.. bc if i take out the spaces it works...

hmm can i add the spaces at the end of the process??? or what else can i try?

thanks for your help with this fellas.

I get it now... the shell command line for schtasks cannot nest literal quotes for the contained commandline for shutdown. Try escaping the literal quotes with '\"' like this:
$sMsg = GUICtrlRead($message)
$sTime = GUICtrlRead($time)
        '/tr "shutdown -r -f -t 9999 -c \"' & $sMsg & '\"" /st ' & $sTime
ConsoleWrite("Debug: $sMsg = " & $sMsg & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("Debug: $sTime = " & $sTime & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("Debug: $sExtCmd = " & $sExtCmd & @LF)
Run($sExtCmd, @TempDir)

ok is there anything penguins cant do other than fly?

errrrrrr can you fly?

That's a terribly insensitive question! I can't believe you asked that!

No <sniffle>, penguins can't fly... go ahead and rub it in why don't you?