Convert AutoIt script to C?

Tim Net

Question 1:

I have a script that I run periodically on Windows machines. I'd like to make it possible to run it on Linux or MAC machines. Is there a resource for converting the autoit script to C?

Question 2:

I would like to have an independent code review of something used internally. It would be nice to have a second set of experienced eyes review it and make suggestions. Are there any dev shops that offer code review as a consulting service?

Thanks.

AutoIt is a Windows automation tool, and even though you may convert it to another language you will still find that each operating system is different. Sometimes it's hard just making something work on the three latest versions of windows, let alone Linux and Mac. No AutoIt to C compiler or converter exists, because of previously mentioned issues.

If you use anything that relates to the GUI, then the short answer is no.

No GUI at all. On the other hand each line of my script should have an equivalent statement in some other more universal language. AutoIt got this project started and now the Unix and Mac people want to use the script. Looks like I just have to hire someone to completely rewrite the au3 to C and then run individual compiler statements for the different target OS's?

Thanks.

What about studying C and do it your self ?

c++ is even better at that point :)

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

Tim,

It is not that hard to program a C/C++ program for all the operating systems. You do need to know how to do each of the items you're wanting on each of the operating systems in C/C++. As to the no GUI thing, that's an incorrect statement. You can have GUI's that run on all 3 platforms.

Also, you mentioned having a consultant look at your code, and determine what? You would need a list of guidelines that you're wanting looked at. My website is in my signature.

Can you give us a rough idea of what your script does so we can more easily suggest a language that would be portable across the systems? You may be able to do it all in Python, or another equally portable language, but is still geared towards scripting.

Thanks,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Also, I don't know about for automating GUI's, and/or whether it would work on a Mac, but in Linux, I have compiled many AutoIt scripts and they have run just fine. This includes applications that have a GUI.

Thanks,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Question 1:

I have a script that I run periodically on Windows machines. I'd like to make it possible to run it on Linux or MAC machines. Is there a resource for converting the autoit script to C?

Question 2:

I would like to have an independent code review of something used internally. It would be nice to have a second set of experienced eyes review it and make suggestions. Are there any dev shops that offer code review as a consulting service?

Thanks.

Maybe and maybe! How about you post the code you have (actual or pseudo) here and we can comment in a more intelligent fashion instead of wildly guessing at what you want to achieve.

Maybe and maybe! How about you post the code you have (actual or pseudo) here and we can comment in a more intelligent fashion instead of wildly guessing at what you want to achieve.

I don't think he wants to post the code. He only needs to give an idea of what it does.

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

External Links

• 2 weeks later...