How do I submit a Bug Report

I have clicked on the "Bug Reports and Feature Requests" link and I get to the new AutoIT Trac System.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to login to submit a Bug Report.

When I try and login I get redirected to a Trac Error page that says "Authentication information not available."

Help...

I have clicked on the "Bug Reports and Feature Requests" link and I get to the new AutoIT Trac System.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to login to submit a Bug Report.

When I try and login I get redirected to a Trac Error page that says "Authentication information not available."

Help...

While new tickets may be temporarily disabled, the Devs want to be able to receive anonymous bug reports so login is not required. This is because there are many more people using AutoIt than have created logins on this site, and Jon doesn't want to discourage those users from reporting their issues.

When you create the new ticket (if and when anonymous reporting is re-enabled), you just edit the Reporter field with your user name, or leave it as 'Anonymous', but no login is required. If that system were to be abused, this may be permanently changed, but in that event there will be information posted on how to report bugs in the future.

Disclaimer: I don't speak for Jon, this is just my interpretation of other posts I've read.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I believe the trac is locked right now due to an idiot sending spam.

What was your bug?

I know I'm not supposed to submit Bug Reports here, but you did ask....

Possible Bug: IniReadSection 32KB limitation

The "Old Bug Reports" say this was fixed in 3.2.5.0, but it is still reproducible in 3.3.0.0

This link doesn't record it as being fixed -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/a...og_complete.txt

The 3.3.0.0 AutoIt3.chm file is the same as the On-Line Documentation -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/f...ReadSection.htm

which still says "Only the first 32767 chars are taken in account in an section due to Win9x compatibility."

Version 3.3.0.0 is NOT compatible with Win9x.

So either there is another reason for not reading more than 32KB, or this is a bug.

There are other references to Win9x in the Help File, most notably on the "Introduction" page.

Simplistic code to reproduce the problem:

$INIFile=@ScriptDir & '\INIFile.ini'
FileDelete($INIFile)
For $i=1 To 2800
    IniWrite($INIFile, 'Section', StringFormat('%05d', $i), StringFormat('%05d', $i))
Next
$Array1=IniReadSection($INIFile, 'Section')
MsgBox(0, 'IniReadSection', $Array1[0][0])

The MsgBox should Display 2800, but on my PC it Displays 2730.

• Developers

Don't think it was ever considered a BUG, only a limitation.

There is a feature request still open to change the INI functionality to lift these limitations:

http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/15

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Don't think it was ever considered a BUG, only a limitation.

There is a feature request still open to change the INI functionality to lift these limitations:

http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/15

Thanks for that. I had read this posting ages ago. From the wording of this and other posts, I thought it was related to Win9x, and since 3.3.0.0 doesn't support Win9x I thought it worth reminding everyone that this is still outstanding.

Here are some possible workarounds:

• Split the ini file in 32k chucks at the section headers.
  • Write your own INI functions
  • Call the Windows API PrivateProfile functions directly. (Ref: Windows API Registry Functions)

Thanks for providing the link to the Windows API Registry Functions. It forced me to re-read the Microsoft Documentation again. The Microsoft "GetPrivateProfileSection" Function suffers from the same 32K limitation which I assume is where the AutoIT limitation comes from. It is a bit of a pity that Microsoft didn't update this function for the Unicode version -> GetPrivateProfileSectionW.

I did try writing some INI File Functions in AutoIT about a year ago, but with multiple large INI files the performance wasn't fast enough. So I gave up. With the release of a Unicode only version of AutoIT I was hoping the limitation would magically disappear. Oh well, it was nice to live in hope for a few hours...

Thanks for providing the link to the Windows API Registry Functions. It forced me to re-read the Microsoft Documentation again. The Microsoft "GetPrivateProfileSection" Function suffers from the same 32K limitation which I assume is where the AutoIT limitation comes from. It is a bit of a pity that Microsoft didn't update this function for the Unicode version -> GetPrivateProfileSectionW.

I did try writing some INI File Functions in AutoIT about a year ago, but with multiple large INI files the performance wasn't fast enough. So I gave up. With the release of a Unicode only version of AutoIT I was hoping the limitation would magically disappear. Oh well, it was nice to live in hope for a few hours...

Unfortunately I found the same thing time ago. I would recommend you the second option posted by Zinthose: Write your own INI functions (Tedious but

satisfactory). I wrote a similar functionality though with a totally different format to INI.

• 5 years later...
  • Moderators

CoryStein,

Can you give us some details of the "bug" report you wish to submit - perhaps there is no requirement. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area