Determine if computer is "idle"

I am working on some computer benchmarking scripts, and one of the things I want to do is determine when a computer has completed booting up.

My idea is to monitor the CPU and other metrics and when the things I am monitoring are within predetermined limits, declare that the system is idle, and therefore fully booted.

I am thinking of monitoring the following:

Tray Icons - When the number of icons stops increasing - chances are the start up programs are complete

CPU Usage - when less than 15% for at least 5 seconds, system may be idle

Disk Usage - This is reason I am posting to the forum, I can not figure out a way to cleanly monitor disk usage. I essentially want a way for autoit to determine if there has been any disk activity on drive c:\.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am working on some computer benchmarking scripts, and one of the things I want to do is determine when a computer has completed booting up.

My idea is to monitor the CPU and other metrics and when the things I am monitoring are within predetermined limits, declare that the system is idle, and therefore fully booted.

I am thinking of monitoring the following:

Tray Icons - When the number of icons stops increasing - chances are the start up programs are complete

CPU Usage - when less than 15% for at least 5 seconds, system may be idle

Disk Usage - This is reason I am posting to the forum, I can not figure out a way to cleanly monitor disk usage. I essentially want a way for autoit to determine if there has been any disk activity on drive c:\.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I believe monitoring the CPU usage would be your best bet

carpe diem