IE : how to put mouse on a selected text

ubi

Hi.

I need a strong help. I'm develop an Autoit program to automatize a procedure based on Microsoft IE.

Question: is it possible to move the mouse on text, link, button, ... selected by the users using a Search command?

The problem is: after they use the Search command mouse is "far" from the selected part and I not able to move the cursor on.

Thanks a lot

Ubi

Hi.

I need a strong help. I'm develop an Autoit program to automatize a procedure based on Microsoft IE.

Question: is it possible to move the mouse on text, link, button, ... selected by the users using a Search command?

The problem is: after they use the Search command mouse is "far" from the selected part and I not able to move the cursor on.

Thanks a lot

Ubi

Get an object reference to the element you want, use _IEPropertyGet() to retrieve the X/Y coordinates by "screenX" and "screenY", then MouseMove().

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

First thanks for your help, but my problem is I don't know nothing about the object I want to click.

In other terms, I have an object very difficult to retrive (for me!!!) with Autoit.

If I use IE Search it is very easy to select that object. So, I'm able to manage IE Search window (open window, write the string to search, click to search, close the search window).

At this point the object is selected, but the cursor is "far". My problem is to move the cursor on the selected item and to click it.

I know it is a poor trick and it runs only for object you can select via IE Search function, but in my mind it is more "safe" than use x,y window coordinate.

Thanks again

Ubaldo

First thanks for your help, but my problem is I don't know nothing about the object I want to click.

In other terms, I have an object very difficult to retrive (for me!!!) with Autoit.

If I use IE Search it is very easy to select that object. So, I'm able to manage IE Search window (open window, write the string to search, click to search, close the search window).

At this point the object is selected, but the cursor is "far". My problem is to move the cursor on the selected item and to click it.

I know it is a poor trick and it runs only for object you can select via IE Search function, but in my mind it is more "safe" than use x,y window coordinate.

Thanks again

Ubaldo

Nobody knows how to use the IE.au3 UDF until they learn it. Start working your way through the _IE* example scripts in the help file.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law